"Success Case Study: Marie Dalgar" examines a niche C-beauty brand taking on market leaders through hyper-localized innovation, retail, and marketing strategies.
Driven by economic prosperity in recent decades, China’s aspirational middle class and youth have developed an affinity for luxury cosmetics that symbolize rising status or success, particularly from foreign brands. However, Chinese beauty (C-beauty) brands such as Marie Dalgar have begun taking on multinationals by offering high product quality at competitive prices, and elevating their brand prestige through their presence in major art and fashion events.
- Experiential marketing offers a potent tools for brands looking to for new ways to cut through the clutter and reach consumers.
- Big corporations need to be as agile as niche local brands in order to remain competitive in the dynamic Chinese marketplace.
- Integrating an omnichannel (online-to-offline) shopping experience accelerated the brand’s growth.
Reasons To Buy
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.