The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Our "Russia Coal Mining to 2023" provides a comprehensive coverage on Russia’s coal industry. It provides reserves, production by type, consumption by end-use to 2023, and exports. The report also includes a demand drivers section providing information on factors that are affecting the coal industry in Russia, profiles of major coal producers, information on the major active, planned and exploration projects and regulations governing the industry.
Russia’s coal production reached 432.6 million tonnes (Mt) in 2018, up by 6.1% compared to 2017. The growth was mainly due to increase in production from the country’s coal majors, including SUEK (2.4%), Kuzbassrazrezugol (4.5%) and EVRAZ (3.8%). In that same year, 77.8% of the total production was thermal coal, and also of the total, 75.5% was of bituminous grade, followed by lignite (19.5%) and anthracite (5%). Over the forecast period (2019-2023), Russia’s coal output is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2.8% to reach 498.5Mt by 2023. Simultaneously, there was a 10% increase in the coal exports from Russia; owing to rising demand from China, South Korea, and Japan. The country’s mining industry is governed by the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment of the Russian Federation, as well as the Federal Agency for Mineral Resources.
- The report contains an overview of Russia’s coal mining industry including key demand driving factors affecting the country’s coal mining industry.
- It provides detailed information on reserves, production, production by type, consumption, consumption by end-use, exports, major operating mines, competitive landscape, major exploration and development projects.
- Further, it also provides country’s fiscal regime, which covers governing bodies, relevant laws, rights and obligations as well as key taxes.
Reasons To Buy
- To gain an understanding of Russia’s coal mining industry, relevant driving factors
- To understand historical and forecast trend on country’s coal production, consumption, and exports
- To gain an overview of Russia’s mining fiscal regime
- To find out Russia’s governing bodies, laws, rights and obligations and major taxes applicable in the country