The market for Europe, Middle-East and Africa (EMEA) elastomers market is expected to register a CAGR of over 4% during the forecast period. The major factors driving the market studied are the increasing demand from the automotive and HVAC industry. Various factors, like volatility in raw material prices and intra-elastomer segment replacements, are expected to hinder the growth of the market studied.
- Thermoplastics dominated the market. These elastomers possess various characteristic properties, including high heat resistance, high viscosity, cost-effective, low-temperature flexibility, oil resistant, halogen-free, structural integrity, chemical resistant, terpolymer, low toxicity, good moldability, and good strength.
- The increasing demand for bio-based thermoplastic elastomers is likely to act as an opportunity in the future.
- Europe dominated the market across the region with the largest consumption from countries, such as Germany and France.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Application from the HVAC Industry
- Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) are important in the designing of large to medium industrial and office buildings, as well as skyscrapers and in marine environments, such as aquariums, where safe and healthy building conditions are regulated with respect to humidity and temperature, using fresh air from outdoors.
- Thermoplastic elastomers are used in a variety of HVAC application, as it can be extruded, injection molded, blow molded, or compression molded. The features that make it well suited for this application include flexibility in hot and cold temperature extremes, excellent long-term sealing performance, low volatile organic compounds (VOCs), along with a wide range of hardness to meet end use requirements.
- The major applications of elastomers in the HVAC industry include seals and gaskets, boots and bellows, couplers, air ducts and tee joints, connectors, drain tubing, shock mounts, and flexible hose.
- Increasing population and stringent regulations for energy efficiency drive the demand for HVAC systems, which, in turn, are expected to increase the consumption of elastomers in the manufacturing of new HVAC systems.
- With the technological enhancements in the sector leading to properties, such as large force generation with small temperature changes, the heat engines/pumps also have the potential to become a significant application sector for the elastomers market.
Europe to Dominate the Market
- The European region dominated the EMEA market share. The construction growth trend in Germany is expected to continue, owing to the rising demand for real estate, increasing population, increased job security, and low borrowing costs.
- The rising demand for automobiles, owing to the increasing per capita income, coupled with technological advancements in the sector leading to the increased life of a vehicle, has resulted in the increasing demand for the replacement of spare parts.
- Moreover, with the growing use of microelectronic devices and reducing the size of electronics, the application of elastomers has been increasing in the electronics market, as it holds a high strength.
- The German electronic industry is Europe’s biggest, and the fifth largest worldwide. The electrical and electronics industry accounted for 11% of the total German industrial production and about 3% of the country’s gross domestic product (GDP).
- Owing to all these factors, the market for elastomers in the region is projected to increase in the coming years.
The Middle-East and African (EMEA) elastomers market is partly fragmented and is dominated by very few players. Some of these major players include DuPont, BASF SE, ARLANXEO, Trinseo SA, and Synthos SA, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client’s requirements
- 3 months of analyst support