Key Questions Answered in this Report:
- What are the major market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global in-silico drug discovery market?
- What are the underlying structures resulting in the emerging trends within the global in-silico drug discovery market?
- How is each segment of the global in-silico drug discovery market expected to grow during the forecast period and what is the estimated revenue to be generated by each of the segments by the end of 2029?
- What is the expected compound growth rate to be witnessed by the leading players in the market during the forecast period 2019-2029?
- What are the key applications in the global in-silico drug discovery market? What are the major segments of these applications?
- Who are the key manufacturers the global in-silico drug discovery market, and what are their contributions?
Global In-Silico Drug Discovery Market Forecast, 2019-2029
The in-silico drug discovery industry analysis projects the market to grow at a significant CAGR of 12.92% during the forecast period, 2019-2029. The in-silico drug discovery market generated $2,094.5 million revenue in 2018, in terms of value. The global in-silico drug discovery market growth has been primarily attributed to the major drivers in this market such as emphasis on reduction in medical errors and readmission rates, growth in the biomarker identification market and advancements in In-silico drug discovery techniques, and computational technological advancements in the field of computational biology. However, there are significant challenges which are restraining the market growth. These challenges include high cost of methods and expensive procedures and their applications in medical treatments.
“North America is the leading contributor in the in-silico drug discovery market and contributed approximately 41.65% to the global market value in 2018. This region is anticipated to grow at a significant CAGR during the forecast period 2019-2029 and continue dominating the global market in 2029. However, the Asia-Pacific region is expected to grow at the highest CAGR of 13.29% during the forecast period. In addition, the region of Europe also contributed a significant share of 28.40% to the global market in 2018.”
Scope of the Market Intelligence on the In-Silico Drug Discovery Market
The in-silico drug discovery research provides a holistic view of the market in terms of various factors influencing it, including regulatory reforms, and technological advancements.
The scope of this report is centered upon conducting a detailed study of the products and manufacturers allied with the service market. In addition, the study also includes exhaustive information on the unmet needs, perception on the new products, competitive landscape, market share of leading manufacturers, growth potential of each underlying sub-segment, and company, as well as other vital information with respect to global in-silico drug discovery market.
- The global in-silico drug discovery market segmentation (on the basis of manufacturing and services) is further segmented on the basis of workflow, product, software, end user, and region.
- The global in-silico drug discovery market segmentation (on the basis of product) is segmented into software, software as services, and consultancy as a service.
- The global in-silico drug discovery market segmentation (on the basis of workflow) is segmented into discovery, pre-clinical tests, and clinical trials.
- The global in-silico drug discovery market segmentation (on the basis of software) is segmented into molecular modelling and de novo drug design, and pharmacophore modelling software.
- The global in-silico drug discovery market segmentation (on the basis of end user) is segmented into contract research organizations, pharmaceutical industries, and academic and research institutes.
- The global in-silico drug discovery market segmentation (on the basis of region) is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and rest-of-the-world.
Key Companies in the In-Silico Drug Discovery Market
The key manufacturers who have been contributing significantly to the global in-silico drug discovery market include Albany Molecular Research Inc., Certara USA, Inc., Charles River, Chemical Computing Group ULC, Collaborative Drug Discovery Inc., Dassault System (Biovia) , Evotec A.G., GVK Biosciences Private Limited, ICAGEN, INC., Novo Informatics Pvt. Ltd., Numerate Inc., PerkinElmer Inc, Schrodinger, LLC, Selvita, Simulation Plus, and WuXi AppTec, among others.