Power Generation Global Industry Almanac 2014-2023
Global Power Generation industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: industry size (value and volume 2014-18, and forecast to 2023). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the industry.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the global power generation industry. Includes industry size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of industry growth trends and leading companies.
- The power generation industry volume is defined as the total electrical energy (TWh) generated within a country over the course of each calendar year.
- The value of the industry is given by multiplying volume by the annual average non-household power price, or equivalent, excluding taxes and levies.
- The power generation industry is segmented by volume into electricity produced from nuclear, conventional (thermal generation from fossil fuels), and renewable (hydropower, wind, solar, biomass, and similar) sources. It excludes energy sourced from hydroelectric pumped storage.
- All currency conversions were calculated using constant average annual 2018 exchange rates.
- The global power generation industry had total revenues of $2,932.7bn in 2018, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.6% between 2014 and 2018.
- Industry consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 3.2% between 2014 and 2018, to reach a total of 25,257.9 TWh in 2018.
- Higher wages and the development of a consumer society in the Asia-Pacific region has increased demand for power.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global power generation industry
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global power generation industry
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key power generation industry players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global power generation industry with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the global power generation industry by value in 2018?
- What will be the size of the global power generation industry in 2023?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global power generation industry?
- How has the industry performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global power generation industry?