The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The volatile organic compound gas sensor market was valued at USD 152.4 million in 2019, at a CAGR of 7% during the forecast period (2020 - 2025).
- The growth of the water and wastewater treatment industry is a key factor driving the expansion of the VOC gas market as wastewater comprises of pathogens such as viruses, bacteria, prions and parasitic worms, organic particles such as paper fibers, hairs, food, feces, vomit, plant material, pharmaceuticals, gases such as carbon dioxide, methane, hydrogen sulfide and other hazardous substances which act as Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) present in wastewater.
- In May 2019, The Delhi Jal Board (DJB) Wednesday approved setting up of a new sewage treatment plant (STP) at OkhlaThe Delhi Jal Board (DJB) Wednesday approved setting up of a new sewage treatment plant (STP) at Okhla that would be capable to treat 124 million gallons of wastewater per day and will come up at a cost of Rs 1,161 crore in three years. Such instances are expected to fuel market growth over the forecast period.
- The VOC gas sensors are increasingly being used in the oil and gas industry to detect leaks on drilling platforms (upstream), pipelines, trailers and tanker vessels (midstream), and refining and storage facilities (downstream). With the industry poised to grow owing to the increased consumption of oils and natural gases in the sector, the market is poised to witness growth over the forecast period.
- According to the BP Statistical Review of World Energy of 2019 Oil consumption grew by an above-average 1.4 million barrels per day (b/d), or 1.5%, and Global oil production rose by 2.2 million b/d. The increase would substantially increase the amount of toxic waste emitted into the environment. Such instances are indicative of the fact that there lies a potential opportunity for the VOC gas sensor vendors to tap the market.
Scope of the Report
The volatile organic compound gas sensor helps in the detection of organic chemicals that have a high vapor pressure at ordinary room temperature. This report segments the market by End-user Industry(oil & gas, Agriculture, Automotive, Chemical, Manufacturing, Food & Beverages, Metals & Mining) and Geography.
Key Market Trends
Oil & Gas is expected to Hold the largest Share
- The increasing initiatives by the government and the related regulatory bodies to meet the growing energy demand are increasingly launching new projects to accomplish the objective. Since the energy sector is prone to the emission of gases that are volatile in nature, it would propel such bodies to instill solutions such as VOC gas sensors.
- In September 2018, Adnoc LNG awarded an EPC contract for the second phase of its Integrated Gas Development Expansion (IGD-E) project to Spain’s Tecnicas Reunidas and Arabtec’s Target Engineering for USD 860 million (AED 3.16 billion). Such instances are expected to boost the adoption of the technology over the forecast period.
- The increasing demand for fuels and natural gases have propelled the players in the region to either boost their production or to look for expansion of their production capabilities. Such instances are expected to fuel the adoption of the VOC gas sensors over the forecast period.
- According to the BP Statistical Review of World Energy of 2019 Global oil production rose by 2.2 million b/d. Almost all of the net increase was accounted for by the US, with their growth in production (2.2 million b/d) a record for any country in any year. Elsewhere, production growth in Canada (410,000 b/d) and Saudi Arabia (390,000 b/d) was outweighed by declines in Venezuela (-580,000 b/d) and Iran (-310,000 b/d).
Asia-pacific is Expected to Witness Significant Growth
- According to the India Brand Equity Foundation Rise in infrastructure development and automotive production are driving growth in the metals and mining sector in India. Mineral production in India grew at a CAGR of 5.72% between 2013-14 and 2017-18E to reach US$ 17.62 billion in 2017-18. Production of iron ore in FY19 (up to December) is 149.53 million tonnes. Such instance is indicative of the fact that the VOC market is poised to grow over the forecast period.
- the increasing initiatives by the government and the related regulatory bodies to curb the emissions of VOC is expected to drive the growth of the VOC gas sensors market in the region.
- In July 2019, China’s Ministry of Environment and Ecology (MEE) has launched a comprehensive three-year plan to reduce emissions of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) in key industries.
The competitive rivalry in the plastic processing machinery market is high owing to the presence of some key players such as ABB, Alphasense amongst others. Through research and development, these companies have gained a competitive advantage by continually innovating their offerings. These players through strategic partnerships and mergers & acquisitions have been able to gain a strong footprint in the market as well as being able to further develop the technology.
June 2018 - Integrated Device Technology, Inc. launched its new ZMOD family of integrated gas sensors that offer best-in-class stability and sensitivity for measuring volatile organic compound (VOC) gases. These sensors are ideal for indoor air quality applications, including smart thermostats, air purifiers, smart HVAC equipment, and other smart home devices.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client’s requirements
- 3 months of analyst support