The growing prevalence of chronic esophageal disorders and raising R&D activities are the major factors that are boosting the growth of the esophageal catheters market globally. Additionally, increasing healthcare awareness, growing surgical procedures number and growing demand for minimally invasive surgeries are also fostering the increase in esophageal catheters market growth. Furthermore, technological advancements and growing elderly populace as they are more prone to many chronic diseases are anticipated to upsurge the growth of esophageal catheters market globally. For instance, In 2016, Medtronic launched a new Barrx 360 Express radiofrequency ablation (RFA) balloon catheter, which can help in the treatment of Barrett’s esophagus. However, stringent regulatory approvals, poor availability of esophageal catheters in emerging nations and the high cost of the devices are expected to hamper the esophageal catheters market growth globally.
Scope of the Report
Esophageal manometry is a test, where an Esophageal Catheter which consists of pressure sensors is passed through the patient’s nose down the esophagus and stomach. Esophageal manometry is used to measure the rhythmic muscle contractions that occur in the esophagus when patient swallow is also used to measure the coordination and force of the esophageal muscles as they move food into the stomach. Esophageal manometry may be used to help diagnose Diffuse esophageal spasm, Achalasia, Scleroderma, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), chest pain e.t.c.
Key Market Trends
Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) Segment Holds Significant Market Share
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) covers various diagnostic and treatment of GERD. The GERD include discomfort or a burning sensation in the upper portion of the stomach, nausea, abdominal bloating, and belching.
- Post-operative high-resolution manometry (HRM) examination might enable the control of antireflux procedure effectiveness.
- Many of the medical practitioners consider manometry a vital part of the assessment in patients as esophageal function testing is indicated when there is a need for the confirmation of GERD before performing surgical or endoscopic reflux procedures.
North America Dominates the Global Esophageal Catheters Market
The increasing prevalence of chronic Esophageal and gastrointestinal diseases, favorable reimbursement policies, aging population, and the presence of major market players, etc., are the primary factors behind the large market size in North America. There is a rising prevalence of GERD across the world, although there are marked differences in the reported prevalence, ranging from 14% to 26% in North America. However, it can be correlated with the rising prevalence of obesity, along with other dietary factors, in many countries. Medicaid per-person spending increased by moderately by 3.7%, overall, for multiple diseases. Among the top 15 diseases considered under Medicaid, the gastrointestinal disorders entered for the first time, with an increase of 12.4% spending.
Esophageal Catheters market is fragmented, owing to the presence of many small and large market players. Some of the market players are Boston Scientific Corporation, CooperSurgical Inc, CardioCommand, Inc., EB Neuro S.p.A., Medtronic, PENNINE HEALTHCARE, Panmed US, PENTAX Medical amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client’s requirements
- 3 months of analyst support