The global spirits sector was valued at US$824.1 billion in 2019, and is expected to register a CAGR of 1.7% during the forecast period. The Asia Pacific spirits sector registered US$466.3 billion in value sales in 2019 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2.3% from 2019 to 2024. Based on the relative performance of countries on multiple metrics, New Zealand, Vietnam, Taiwan, and Hong Kong were shortlisted as high-potential countries, primarily due to their large spirits sector size, projected high-value growth rates, and projected rising per capita value growth levels.
The Asia Pacific spirits sector was highly fragmented, with the top five companies accounting for a volume share of 13.7% in 2019. Diageo plc held a 4.1% share of total volume sales, followed by HITEJINRO CO LTD with 2.6%. Other leading companies were Niu Lan Shan Distillery, Thai Beverage Company, and Beijing Red Star Co Ltd. Private label held a volume share of 7% in 2019. Hypermarkets & supermarkets was the leading distribution channel in the Asia-Pacific spirits sector, with a 41.4% volume share in 2019. Glass was the most used pack material in 2019, accounting for a 97.8% volume share of the Asia Pacific spirits sector in 2019.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the Asia-Pacific spirtis sector. It includes market overview, high growth country analysis, top companies, key distribution channels, packaging formats and case studies.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the spirits sector in Asia Pacific, analyzing data from 26 countries in the region. It includes analysis on the following -
- Market Environment: Includes sector size, market size, and growth analysis by category.
- High-Potential Countries’ Analysis: Indicates changing share of value consumption in the various spirits by category across high-potential countries in the Asia Pacific region. It also provides Risk-Reward analysis of four countries across Asia Pacific region based on market assessment, economic development, socio-demographics, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure.
- Country Deep Dive: Provides the overview, demographic analysis, and key trends across high-potential countries.
- Success Stories: Provides some of the most compelling spirits manufacturers, brands, products, and marketing campaigns in the Asia Pacific region. It also provides a better understanding of how certain manufacturers achieved success in the sector, and insights.
- Competitive Environment: Provides an overview of leading companies in the Asia Pacific region, besides analyzing the growth of private label in the region.
- Distribution Analysis: Provides analysis on the leading distribution channels in Asia Pacific’s spirits sector in 2019. It covers distribution channels: hypermarkets & supermarkets, food & drinks specialists, on-trade, convenience stores, department stores, and others, which includes e-retailers, vending machines, cash & carries & warehouse clubs and other retailers.
- Packaging Analysis*: The report provides percentage share (in 2019) and growth analysis (during 2014-2024) for various pack materials, pack types, closures, and primary outer types based on the volume sales (by pack units) of spirits products.
- Challenges and Future Outlook: Provides the challenges and future outlook pertaining to Asia Pacific’s spirits sector.
Reasons To Buy
- Manufacturing and retailers seek latest information on how the market is evolving to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail.
- This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth within the sector in the region.
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the countries in the region, covering the key challenges, competitive landscape and demographic analysis , that can help companies gain insight into the country specific nuances
- The analysts have also placed a significant emphasis on the key trends that drive consumer choice and the future opportunities that can be explored in the region, than can help companies in revenue expansion
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading companies in the sector in the region with information about their market share and growth rates