The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The Russian ice cream sector is led by the ’impulse ice cream - single serve’ category in both value and volume terms. However, the ’take-home and bulk ice cream’ is forecast to register the fastest value and volume growth during 2018-2023. Unilever, Renna Group of Companies and Froneri International Limited are the leading players in the Russian ice cream sector while Cow from Korenovka is the prominent brand in both ’impulse ice cream - single serve’ and ’take-home and bulk ice cream’. Convenience stores accounted for the leading share in the distribution of ice cream while flexible packaging is the most commonly used pack material in the country.
This Country Profile report on the Ice cream sector in Russia provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of package materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
What else is contained?
- Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2013-2023
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for artisanal ice cream, impulse ice cream - single serve, and take-home and bulk ice cream with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2018-2023
- Leading players: Market share of companies and private labels in value terms in 2018
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as hypermarkets & supermarkets, food & drinks specialists, department stores, convenience stores, cash & carries and warehouse clubs, “dollar stores”, variety stores & general merchandise retailers, e-retailers, and other general retailers
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for pack materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Pack material data for flexible packaging, rigid plastics, paper & board and others; pack type data for tub, bag/sachet, wrapper, box, film, can, tray, foil and other pack type; closure type data for prize off, screw top and others; primary outer type data for carton - folding, sleeve, bag, shrink wrap.
- The per capita consumption of ice cream was higher in Russia compared to both the global and the regional levels in 2018
- Russian consumers prefer premium products in the ice cream sector
- The ’take-home and bulk ice cream’ category is expected to gain market share in value terms during 2018-2023
- In Russia, the per capita consumption of ’impulse ice cream - single serve’ was higher than other ice cream categories in 2018
- Convenience stores is the leading distribution channel in the Russian ice cream sector
- Private labels are growing at a faster CAGR than brands in the Russian ice cream sector
- Flexible packaging is the most commonly used pack material in the Russian ice cream sector
- Consumption of ice cream is higher among women compared to men in Russia
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed company share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Manufacturers can identify the opportunities to position products with H&W attributes/benefits
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rurral-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.