The Colombian ice cream sector is led by ’impulse ice cream - single serve’ category in both value and volume terms, in 2018 while the artisanal ice cream category is forecast to register the fastest value and volume growth during 2018-2023. Grupo Nutresa SA, Colombina S.A. and Popsy Pop are the top three companies in the Colombian ice cream sector while Polet and Popsy are the prominent brands in ’impulse ice cream - single serve’ and ’take-home and bulk ice cream’, respectively. Hypermarkets & supermarkets accounted for the leading share in the distribution of ice cream products while flexible packaging is the most commonly used pack material in the country. Consumption of ice cream is higher among females than males in the country.
This Country Profile report on the Ice cream sector in Colombia provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of package materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
What else is contained?
- Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2013-2023
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for artisanal ice cream, impulse ice cream - single serve, and take-home and bulk ice cream with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2018-2023
- Leading players: Market share of companies and private labels in value terms in 2018
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as hypermarkets & supermarkets, food & drinks specialists, department stores, convenience stores, cash & carries and warehouse clubs, “dollar stores”, variety stores & general merchandise retailers, e-retailers, and other general retailers
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for pack materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Pack material data for flexible packaging, rigid plastics, paper & board and others; pack type data for tub, bag/sachet, wrapper, box, film, can, tray, foil and other pack type; closure type data for prize off, screw top and others; primary outer type data for carton - folding, sleeve, bag, shrink wrap.
- The per capita consumption of ice cream was higher in Colombia compared to the regional level but lower when compared to the global level in 2018
- Colombian consumers prefer premium products in the ice cream sector
- The health & wellness market is led by the ’take-home and bulk ice cream’ category in the Colombian ice cream sector
- In the ’impulse ice cream - single serve’ category, products with health & wellness claims are forecast to grow at a slower CAGR than products without health & wellness claims during 2018-2023
- Flexible packaging is the most commonly used pack material in the Colombian ice cream sector
- Bag/sachet is the most commonly used pack type in the Colombian ice cream sector
- Kids & babies account for the leading share in the consumption of ice cream in Colombia
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed company share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Manufacturers can identify the opportunities to position products with H&W attributes/benefits
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rurral-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.