PESTLE Insights: Thailand - Macroeconomic Outlook Report
Mining, manufacturing and utilities contributed 32.5% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2018, followed by wholesale, retail and hotels (22.2%) and financial intermediation, real estate and business activities (13.6%). In nominal terms, the three sectors are expected to grow by 5.2%, 5.7% and 5.1% respectively in 2019 in nominal terms.
Bangkok accounted for 32.5% of Thailand’s gross domestic product and 12.9% of its population in 2016.
Majority of inward FDI stock in Thailand was towards the manufacturing sector in Q2 2019
- As per the Logistics Performance Index 2018, Thailand’s rank improved significantly as it moved up to the 32nd position out of the total 160 nations, from 45th position in 2016.
- The overall SET index exhibits a downward trend over the last year. As of November 27, 2019, the SET index stood at 1,607.3, compared to 1,634.3 on November 27, 2018
Reasons To Buy
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.