Smart grid technology combines traditional grid infrastructure with the advantages of advanced internet technology, with the aim of improving the efficiency of electricity supply as well as decreasing consumption by providing real-time information. The global smart grid market is expected to experience strong expansion during the following decade. However, the industry faces two crucial issues which remain to be addressed in the coming years: the merging of interoperability standards and more consistent integration of renewable energy into the grid. Once those two obstacles have been resolved large scale deployment of smart grid projects will become reality. We calculate that global smart grid market in 2012 will total $33.91bn.
During the period 2012-2013, the smart grid market will be marked by shifting from smart metering implementation to actual realisation of the grid infrastructure. In addition, the goal of the regulators will be to promote decarbonisation of the economy through implementation of smart grid technology. Even though, in the short run the smart grid market will be negatively influenced by the economic hardship in Europe as well as by the slower growth in the emerging world, overall the industry is expected to experience strong growth.
The report also describes the most important technological changes within the smart grid industry and assesses their importance for the growth of the market over the long-term. The various drivers and restraints of the market are evaluated in order to provide readers with specific insights into the future direction of the smart grid market.
How much is going to be spent in regional smart grid markets for implementation of smart electricity infrastructure between 2012 and 2022? Who are the leading companies in the smart grid industry? Where are the growth opportunities over the next decade - in which regions and with which type of technology? These critical questions and many more are definitively answered in this comprehensive report.
- Global smart grid market forecasts and analysis for 2012-2022.
- 66 tables, charts and graphs that quantify, analyse and forecast the changing dynamics of the smart grid market between 2012-2022.
- Analysis of the main drivers and restraints in the global smart grid market
- Forecasts and analysis for the four submarkets from 2012-2022: advanced metering infrastructure (AMI), distribution automation, home area networking (HAN) and smart utility enterprise.
- Forecasts and analysis for five regional smart grid markets for the period 2012-2022.
- SWOT analysis of strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats facing the smart grid market over the next ten years.
- Exclusive interviews with six leading companies in the smart grid market underpinning forecasts and analysis.
- Profiles of 50 of the leading smart grid companies subdivided into 6 categories: FAN/AMI, Grid Optimisation, Smart Meter Manufacturer, Meter Data Management, Demand Response and System Development and Integration.
This report has been compiled by combining information obtained from a broad and rich mixture of primary and secondary research sources, producing a broad industry overview. Visiongain sought opinions from leading figures in the smart grid market to underpin the analysis and market forecasts. The study draws on a diverse range of official corporate and governmental announcements, media reports, policy documents, industry statements and expert opinion as a basis for discussing and predicting developments in the smart grid market between 2012 and 2022.
We consider that this methodology results in an accurate, objective mixture of analyses and forecasts.
Why you should buy The Smart Grid Market 2012-2022
- You will receive forecasts and analysis of the global smart grid market between 2012-2022, including in-depth analysis of the main drivers and restraints.
- You will obtain exclusive interviews with experts from six of the leading companies in the smart grid market, underpinning the forecasts and analysis.
- DNV KEMA Energy & Sustainability
- Powerit Solutions
- S&C Electric Company Ltd.
- Tropos Networks
- You will find 66 tables, charts, and graphs that quantify, analyse and forecast the smart grid market from 2012-2022.
- You will find forecasts and analysis of the four smart grid submarkets over the period 2012-2022:
- Advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) market
- Distribution automation market
- Home area networking (HAN) market
- Smart utility enterprise
- You will be presented with forecasts for the five regional smart grid markets for the period 2012-2022:
- North America
- Latin America
- The Middle East & Africa
- Further analysis is provided within each region for smart grid developments for the 15 leading countries in those regions including:
- South Korea
- You will gain profiles of 50 leading smart grid companies subdivided into the following 6 categories:
- Grid Optimisation,
- Smart Meter Manufacturer
- Meter Data Management
- Demand Response
- System Development and Integration
- You will receive a SWOT analysis that examines the smart grid market from 2012-2022.
What is the structure of the report?
- Chapter 1 is an executive summary for the smart grid market
- Chapter 2 is an introduction to the smart grid market
- Chapter 3 offers an overview of the global smart grid market with visiongain's exclusive forecast from 2012-2022, with detailed analysis of the specific drivers and restraints. In addition, analysis of the following four smart grid submarkets is offered: advanced metering infrastructure (AMI), distribution automation, home area networking (HAN) and smart utility enterprise. Each sub-market is also forecast over the ten years from 2012-2022
- Chapter 4 provides the forecasts and national market analysis for the regional smart grid markets from 2012-2022, including: North America, the Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America, the Middle East & Africa
- Chapter 5 outlines the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats in a SWOT analysis of the smart grid market
- Chapter 6 offers the expert opinions of 6 specialists from leading companies involved in the smart grid market
- Chapter 7 presents the profiles of 50 leading companies within the smart grid market, divided into FAN/AMI, Grid Optimisation, Smart Meter Manufacturer, Meter Data Management, Demand Response and System Development and Integration company groupings.
- Chapter 8 is a summary of the report, outlining the main conclusions of the analyses.
- Chapter 9 is a glossary of acronyms used in the report
You can order this report today
Anybody with an interest in the smart grid market should gain valuable information and insight from this new study by visiongain, which analyses one of the most exciting markets in the energy market. Smart grids offers substantial business and investment opportunities and are becoming an increasingly important component of the energy market in several key regional markets.
This energy report will be valuable both to those already involved in the smart grid market and those wishing to enter the market in the future. Gain an understanding of how to tap into the potential of this market by ordering The Smart Grid Market 2012-2022
Purchase this report
Unfortunately this market research is not available anymore, please use the links below to find related reports.
Questions about this report?
P: +1 646 513 4192 (US)
P: +31 20 486 1286 (EU)