A major concern for consumer electronics companies continues to be the impact on sales, profits, and supply chains of the ongoing trade war between the US and China. Many companies in the sector, like Apple, use Chinese subcontractors and operate complex global networks.
These may have to be split open and new supply chains created if the trade war escalates. At the same time, the issue of Brexit is still unresolved and UK and European companies should also be prepared for cost, pricing, and supply chain problems. Despite large technical and regulatory challenges, investment from both Apple and Google into the use of smartwatches for large-scale medical studies will transform the area of wearable tech. Regulatory issues will also impact both demand for and innovation in consumer technologies like drones.
This report provides information on key themes that will impact the consumer electronics sector over the next two years, including virtual reality, augmented reality, smart speakers, consumer drones, and connected cars.
- This report is a sector scorecard, which identifies those companies most likely to succeed in a world filled with disruptive threats. Inside, we predict how each theme will evolve and identify the leading and lagging companies.
- It includes a theme map that shows the 50 biggest themes driving growth in the consumer electronics sector.
- It explains how some of the largest listed players in the sector have performed over the last three years.
- It looks at major technology and macro-economic trends impacting consumer electronics companies.
Reasons To Buy
- Companies who invest in the right themes become success stories; those who miss the big themes end up as failures. Corporate executives and investors who want to outperform their competitors need to understand all the themes that impact their sector.
- However, many of these themes are, by definition, outside of the core competencies of company boardrooms because they typically originate from external industries.
- This consumer electronics sector scorecard provides a top-down, comprehensive outlook for the key players in the industry over the next two years, based on the key themes set to transform their market.