The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The video games industry continues on its upward trajectory, driven by a combination of trends, including the rapid growth in popularity of esports (organized multiplayer video game competitions) and further breakthroughs in technologies like virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR), which are enabling more immersive gaming experiences. These trends are beginning to intersect and create new formats, including VR esports competitions.
The maturing of cloud technologies and the development of 5G will help cloud gaming become a major global market, with a variety of companies racing to become the Netflix of games. In addition to the inevitable content ownership problems for established players, it will likely trigger a decline in sales of gaming consoles and cause a significant shift in the balance of power in the video game sector.
This report provides information on key themes that will impact the video games software sector over the next two years, including esports, cloud gaming, AR, VR, fantasy sports, mobile gaming, and M&A.
- This report is a sector scorecard, which identifies those companies most likely to succeed in a world filled with disruptive threats. Inside, we predict how each theme will evolve and identify the leading and lagging companies.
- It includes a theme map that shows the 50 biggest themes driving growth in the video games software sector.
- It explains how some of the largest listed players in the sector have performed over the last three years.
- It looks at major technology and macro-economic trends impacting video games software companies.
Reasons To Buy
- Companies who invest in the right themes become success stories; those who miss the big themes end up as failures. Corporate executives and investors who want to outperform their competitors need to understand all the themes that impact their sector. However, many of these themes are, by definition, outside of the core competencies of company boardrooms because they typically originate from external industries.
- This video games software sector scorecard provides a top-down, comprehensive outlook for the key players in the industry over the next two years, based on the key themes set to transform their market.