Imagine wearing a pair of glasses with the computing power of a smartphone, activated by voice, which recognizes what the user sees, where the user is and the context in which the user is operating. Whilst such a world is several years away from reality, first-mover advantage in AR technology is a prize that is so valued that every large technology company is making significant investments in it today. Ultimately, AR technology may replace the smartphone as the primary connected device that users carry around with them. In theory, Apple, the world’s most profitable smartphone maker, is the most vulnerable.
The AR market, which was worth $4bn in 2018, will reach $76bn by 2030, according to GlobalData estimates. Enterprises across retail, healthcare, logistics, and manufacturing are increasingly assessing AR use cases. The big tech companies are scrambling to build sustainable AR ecosystems to gain early foothold in the potentially lucrative market, while specialist firms are focusing on areas like content development.
- This report provides an overview of the global augmented reality market.
- It identifies the key trends impacting growth of the theme over the next 12 to 36 months.
- It includes a comprehensive industry analysis, outlining the main growth areas and potential use cases.
- It identifies the leading players in the AR market, across all segments of the value chain.
Reasons To Buy
- This report provides in-depth analysis of the global augmented reality market, highlighting leading players across different segments of the value chain.
- It provides growth forecasts over a 12-year period, and market share forecasts for the hardware segment.
- The device types discussed include smart glasses and AR headsets.
- It provides analysis of the growth potential of the theme and identifies recent technological developments and upcoming areas of interest.