Defense Spending Global Industry Almanac 2014-2023
Global Defense Spending industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2014-18, and forecast to 2023). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the global defense spending market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends and leading companies.
- Defense spending covers capital items, military personnel, government defense agencies, and related expenditure on defense and peacekeeping. The value of the market is taken to include both current and capital expenditure on the armed forces, including funding contributions to peacekeeping forces, such as the United Nations Peacekeeping Forces, defense ministries and other government agencies engaged in defense projects, paramilitary forces (when judged to be trained and equipped for military operations) and military space activities. Expenditure on personnel (including salaries and social services of both military and civil personnel, and retirement pensions of military personnel), procurement, research and development, infrastructure spending, military aid (taken as expenditure by the donor country) and general operations and maintenance are also included. Note that current expenditure on previous military activity such as veterans’ benefits, weapon destruction, demobilization, and defense conversion are all excluded, as is expenditure on civil defense.
- Values are segmented by the proportion of the market attributable to the army, navy and air force, with any other expenditures contained under "other".
- The volume of the market measures the number of active serving personnel in the national army, air force, navy (including marines and coast guard) and other elements of the service, such as Joint Staff.
- Any currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2018 annual average exchange rates.
- The global defense spending market had a total budget allocation of $1,717,516.4m in 2018, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.6% between 2014 and 2018.
- Market consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 0.4% between 2014 and 2018, to reach a total of 19.0 million active serving personnel in 2018.
- The US made up 37.8% of global spending on defense in 2018; this demonstrates the power the US has over the rest of the world.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global defense spending market
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global defense spending market
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key defense spending market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global defense spending market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the global defense spending market by value in 2018?
- What will be the size of the global defense spending market in 2023?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global defense spending market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global defense spending market?