The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The telecom services industry is on a flat to failing growth path. Growing aggression from Silicon Valley, national regulation, and decades of pricing increases have conspired to weaken the business case for the vertically-integrated telecom services provider. There is also no sign of these pressures letting up in the near term.
In facing up to this market reality, many operators have embarked on a strategy to actively embrace disruptive, cost-saving technologies, consider alternative operating models, seek out lateral partnership and digital channel opportunities. Only the digitally fittest will survive.
This report provides information on key themes that will impact the telecom operators sector over the next two years, including 5G, AI, software defined networks, convergence and quad-play, IoT, and cloud.
- This report is a sector scorecard, which identifies those companies most likely to succeed in a world filled with disruptive threats. Inside, we predict how each theme will evolve and identify the leading and lagging companies.
- It includes a theme map that shows the 50 biggest themes driving growth in the telecom operators sector.
- It explains how some of the largest listed players in the sector have performed over the last three years.
- It looks at major technology and macro-economic trends impacting telecom operators.
Reasons To Buy
- Companies who invest in the right themes become success stories; those who miss the big themes end up as failures.
- Corporate executives and investors who want to outperform their competitors need to understand all the themes that impact their sector.
- However, many of these themes are, by definition, outside of the core competencies of company boardrooms because they typically originate from external industries. This telecom operators sector scorecard provides a top-down, comprehensive outlook for the key players in the industry over the next two years, based on the key themes set to transform their market.