The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
"Spain - The Future of Foodservice to 2023", published by GlobalData, provides extensive insight and analysis of Spain’s Foodservice market over 2018-2023 and acts as a vital point of reference for operators or suppliers.
The Spanish foodservice profit sector is led by the pub, club and bar channel, which held a 46.2% share of the sector’s sales in 2018. However, its dominance has been wavering in recent years, as it struggles to compete with the low-cost and convenience-based nature of the QSR channel. Stagnant, or in some cases declining, outlet numbers, combined with an increasing number of transactions, is likely to create operational issues for outlets in highly urbanized areas or tourist hotspots.
- The pub, club, and bar channel is the most valuable foodservice channel by a substantial margin, and also boasts the greatest number of outlets and transactions.
- Spain’s QSR channel’s profitability surged in recent years, with the channel experiencing strong sales and outlet growth.
- Future growth for operators in the channel is expected to remain strong, with most consumers struggling with self-imposed spending limits.
- A global trend towards healthy eating has yet to materialize within the channel, with convenience and price, unsurprisingly, taking precedence.
Reasons To Buy
- Specific forecasts of the foodservice market over 2018-2023 will give readers the ability to make informed business decisions through identifying emerging/declining markets.
- Consumer segmentation detailing the desires of known consumers among all major foodservice channels (QSR, FSR, Coffee & Tea shops, Pubs, Clubs and Bars) will allow readers understand the wants and needs of their target demographics.
- Relevant case studies will allow readers to learn from and apply lessons discovered by emerging and major players within Spain’s foodservice market.