The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The report offers for each of its 207 sub-markets: 2016-2018 market data and analyses, as well as 2019-2025 estimations, forecasts and analyses.
The purpose of the “Explosives & Weapons Detection Systems Market, Technologies and Industry” report is to provide the industry’s decision-makers with insight and intelligence that will translate directly into bottom line results. To that end, the report concentrates on a detailed analysis of the current and future state of technologies and markets in each relevant industry segment, in terms of both technology and functionality.
The research is based on a unique team of high-level experts having a wealth of knowledge and years of experience in explosives & weapons detection technologies and markets.
A] The lead analyst of the report led a team of hundreds of engineers who developed and commercialized the following explosives and weapons detection products:
- Explosives Trace Detectors
- Tomographic EDSs
- X-Ray Screening Systems
- IED Mitigation Devices
- Metal Detectors
B] The research team provided consultation services and customized reports on Explosives and Weapons Detection Technologies to the following governmental bodies and security agencies:
- U.S. Congress
- Sweden Customs Services
- U.S GAO
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- Israeli National Security Agency
- U.S. DOD
- U.S. Army
- Israeli Counter Terror Agency
C] Beyond their experience our team of analysts undertook a number of initiatives striving to provide a comprehensive and in-depth study:
- Team members participated, chaired and/or lectured in 26 Explosives & Weapons Detection conferences over the past 20 years
- Published 75 explosives & weapons detection technologies & markets related reports over the past 16 years
D] Beyond their experience our team of analysts undertook a number of initiatives striving to provide a comprehensive and in-depth study:
- Visited and interviewed Explosives & Weapons Detection companies
- Reviewed and analyzed over 354 Explosives & Weapons Detection reports, papers, vendors and governmental information sources
- Participated in 12 round table Explosives & Weapons Detection focus groups, including 65 Explosives & Weapons Detection experts and clients
- Conducted 125 face-to-face interviews with industry executives, other experts and counter terror agencies officers
- Reviewed Industry relevant corporations’ security exchange filing, websites & marketing literature
The report is granulated by 5 Regional, 44 National, 7 Vertical, 8 Technology and 3 Revenue Source Vectors resulting in 207 sub-markets.
Top-down and bottom-up approaches were used to estimate and validate the size of the market as well as the various sub-markets in the entire explosives & weapons detection market. With a highly fragmented explosives & weapons detection market, we analyzed each dollar spent via 5 bottom-up research vectors including:
By 7 Vertical Markets:
- Aviation Security
- Maritime Security
- Land Transportation Security
- Secured Perimeters & Buildings
- Postal Security
- Public Venue Security
- Other Vertical Markets
By 8 Technology Markets:
- Explosives Trace Detection Systems (ETD)
- Metal Detectors
- Standoff Detection
- IoT & Predictive Maintenance
- EDS & BHS
- Full Body Scanners (AIT)
- X-ray Scanners (w/o AIT)
- Big Data & Data Analytics
By 3 Revenue Segments:
- Product Sales
- Aftersale Revenues
- Planning, Consulting & Training Services
By 5 Regional Markets:
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
By 46 National Markets:
- Rest of South America
- Czech Republic
- Rest of Europe
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
The report presents:
40 Key Vendors: Profiles, Products & Contact Info.
- 1st Detect Corporation
- Analysed Images
- Astrophysics Inc.
- Autoclear LLC
- Biosensor Applications AB
- Bruker Corporation
- DetectaChem, LLC
- EG&G Middle East
- Electronic Sensor Technology
- Eurologix Security Ltd.
- FLIR Systems Inc
- Gilardoni SpA
- Hitachi Ltd
- Ion Applications Inc.
- Ketech Defence
- L-3 Communictions
- Leidos Inc.
- LIXI Inc.
- MINXRAY, Inc.
- Mistral Security, Inc.
- Morpho Detection
- MS Tech.
- Nuctech Co. Ltd.
- OSI Systems
- SCANNA MSC Ltd.
- Sibel Ltd.
- Smiths Detection
- Todd Research Ltd.
- Vidisco Ltd.
- Rapiscan Systems
- Reveal Imaging Technologies
- Syagen Technology
- Thermo Fisher Schientific Inc.
- Westminster International
Market & Industry Analysis
Market drivers & inhibitors, SWOT analysis, barriers to entry, supplier power, buyer power & barriers to substitution.
Competitive analysis, industry analysis, price elasticity, mergers and acquisitions (M&A).
Business Opportunities and Challenges
Dozens of business opportunities, barriers to entry, supply-side & demand-side analysis, variable economic conditions, market tiers, defense primes & mega corporations’ inroads into the market, people screening market entry strategies.
Airports Screening Data 2016 & 2019
Details included for each airport: number of passengers screened and annual growth rate of passengers in more than 1800 airports.
For additional information, please refer to our Explosives Detection Systems Market, Technologies & Industry – 2020-2025 report or the Explosives Trace Detection Market & ETD Technologies – 2017-2022 report.
For readers who wish to acquire more information, the report also includes 19 in-depth appendices:
- Appendix A: 40 Countries Market Backgrounds
- Appendix B: Improvised Explosives & Military Grade Explosives
- Appendix C: X-Ray Baggage, Cargo, People, Container & Vehicle Explosives & Weapons Screening Technologies
- Appendix D: Global Security Concerns
- Appendix E: Standoff IED Detection Technologies
- Appendix F: TSA Apex Checkpoint of the Future
- Appendix G: Business & Technological Opportunities and Challenges
- Appendix H: The Explosives & Weapons Detection Products Industry
- Appendix I: Explosives & Weapons Detection Systems Industry: Business Models & Strategies
- Appendix J: Cargo Facility Regulations
- Appendix K: Air Cargo Approved Explosives Screening Systems (ACSTL)
- Appendix L: Authorized Air-Cargo Screening Facilities Roster
- Appendix M: IATA, Boeing, Airbus & ICAO Air Travel and Air Cargo Forecast to 2034
- Appendix N: IATA Airport Screening Checkpoints Recommended
- Appendix O: Israel Ben Gurion Airport Security Procedures
- Appendix P: Explosives & Weapons Detection Related Product Standards
- Appendix Q: International X-ray Explosives & Weapons Detection Systems Related Legislation
- Appendix R: Security & Screening Related Big Data Technologies
- Appendix S: Glossary & Abbreviations