The three main types of organization in the tourism industry that use social media regularly are government, commercial and non-profit organizations. A common denominator is that all three of these types of organization utilize social media to run promotional campaigns. This report looks at how various travel & tourism stakeholders use social media and assesses the success of several campaigns.
- An evolving secondary use for commercial organizations is to utilize social media as a channel focused on customer service, where complaints can be dealt with in real time
- Admiration of particular travelers who posted regular, appealing content online started the influencer trend. These industry specific influencers are now highly sought after by travel organizations as they have realized these public figures can provide authentic promotional material to a targeted mass audience, which is something many unestablished organizations in the industry cannot do.
- Social media provides tourism companies with a cheap, direct source of marketing. However, these platforms can also create a saturated marketplace, gives higher levels of autonomy to the consumer through more accessible information, and it reduces the need for intermediaries as direct bookings can now be made through social media platforms.
- Tourism organizations which regularly incorporate user-generated content in to social media campaigns and encourage consumers to produce it are likely to receive higher levels of success.
- This report provides an overview of social media and its use in the travel & tourism sector
- This report provides a detailed assessment of how destination marketing organizations, hotels, and airlines use social media in their marketing campaigns
- It assesses the success and/or failure of numerous high-profile social media advertising campaigns
- It clearly outlines who the main players are, both from a social media and travel & tourism perspective
Reasons To Buy
- Understand who the key players in social media are and travel & tourism’s use of it
- Learn about the different ways in which the the travel & tourism industry looks to leverage the power of social media
- Analyze how different types of travel & tourism stakeholders use these platforms differently
- Assess the success of various high-profile social media marketing campaigns