“The coiled tubing market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 7.1% from 2019 to 2024”
The global coiled tubing market size is projected to reach USD 5.4 billion by 2024, from an estimated USD 3.8 billion in 2019, growing at a CAGR of 7.1% during the forecast period. The global coiled tubing industry is driven mainly by the growing demand for well intervention operations, redevelopment of mature fields, and advancements in shale developments. The increasing demand for larger diameter coiled tubing and the evolution of intelligent coiled tubing units are likely to offer lucrative opportunities for the market players over the next five years.
“The onshore segment, by application, is expected to be the fastest-growing market from 2019 to 2024”
The coiled tubing market is witnessing high demand from onshore applications as new well drilling activities are rising in onshore locations at a faster pace than in the offshore fields. Also, most of the onshore fields in the Middle East and North America are in their declining phase, where pumping operations and mechanical operations performed through coiled tubing can improve the production from reservoirs.
Additionally, the development of domestic shale gas and tight oil reserves drive the major surge in crude oil and natural gas production in North America. This has resulted in the improved efficiency of the operations for increasing production from oil & gas wells. This increase in well intervention activities leads to a rise in coiled tubing operations in onshore wells.
“North America: The largest and the fastest-growing region in the global coiled tubing market.”
North America is expected to dominate the global coiled tubing market between 2019 and 2024. The North American oil production is rising drastically, with a growth rate of 7.7% from 2017 to 2018. Moreover, the continuous shale activities in the region are driving the demand for well intervention operations. The upstream operators, such as Total, ExxonMobil, Chevron, and Apache, also have a significant presence in North America. This creates more opportunities for oilfield service providers to capture long-term contracts.
Breakdown of Primaries:
In-depth interviews have been conducted with various key industry participants, subject-matter experts, C-level executives of key market players, and industry consultants, among other experts, to obtain and verify critical qualitative and quantitative information, as well as to assess future market prospects.
The distribution of primary interviews is as follows:
- By Company Type: Tier 1- 65%, Tier 2- 24%, and Tier 3- 11%
- By Designation: C-Level- 30%, Director Level- 25%, and Others- 45%
- By Region: Asia Pacific- 25%, Middle East– 23, Africa – 12%, Europe- 18%, North America- 13%, and South & Central America- 9%
Note: Others include sales managers, marketing managers, product managers, and product engineers.
The tier of the companies is defined based on their total revenue as of 2017. Tier 1: USD 1 billion and above, Tier 2: From USD 500 million to USD 1 billion, and Tier 3:
- The report defines, describes, and forecasts the coiled tubing by service, application, fleet, and region. It also offers a detailed qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market.
- The report provides a comprehensive review of the major coiled tubing market drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges. It also covers various important aspects of the market, which include the analysis of the competitive landscape, market dynamics, market estimates in terms of value, and future trends in the coiled tubing.
Why buy this report?
- The report identifies and addresses the key markets for coiled tubing operations and services, which would help equipment manufacturers and service providers review the growth in demand.
The report helps system providers understand the pulse of the market and provides insights into drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges. The report will help key players understand the strategies of their competitors better and help them in making better strategic decisions.