Fintech has unleashed a golden age of innovation in consumer financial services. Highly specialized, free from legacy, and often able to bypass bank regulation, new entrants have gone after every piece of the banking value chain, reducing friction and addressing unmet needs. Initiatives like the PSD2 embolden new entrants further, enabling a variety of new business models that cut across industry lines and provider types.
This report identifies key trends enabling fintech, different regional ecosystems globally, and the evolving categories of fintech-led disruption. It covers not just niche startups but tech firms, telcos, adjacent verticals, and incumbent banks digitizing through acquisition and/or transformation.
- In the UK, new digital bank OakNorth lent $4bn to British businesses without a single credit default, going net income positive in just 22 months.
- In 2017, India’s Paytm launched a new payments bank that had reached 180 million customers as of H1 2019.
After raising $450m in a fresh round of funding in July 2019, Sweden-based fintech giant Klarna is now valued at $5.5bn.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the key players in the fintech space.
- Ensure you remain competitive as new innovations emerge.
- Learn about the key trends digital players are focusing on.