"Hong Kong Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report," a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Hong Kong today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2025. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile, and pay-TV markets, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Hong Kong’s total service revenue will reach US$5.7 billion by 2025, mainly driven by revenue growth in the mobile data and pay-TV segments. Mobile data will remain the largest revenue contributor over 2020-2025. Also, mobile data revenue will expand at the fastest CAGR of 5.8% over 2020-2025, growing mobile Internet subscriptions, rising adoption of higher ARPU 5G plans and demand for online video consumption. Going forward, Hong Kong’s pay-TV market revenue will increase at a CAGR of 0.8% over 2020-2025 period, supported by growing preference for IPTV services supported by operators promoting range of pay-TV packages at discounted rates.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Hong Kong.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, etc.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- The overall telecom and pay-TV services revenue in Hong Kong will grow at a CAGR of 1.1% during 2020-2025.
- Mobile data revenue will reamin the largest contributor towards the total telecom and pay-TV services revenue through 2025, due to rising mobile data consumption, increasing adoption of 5G services over the forecast period.
- PCCW leads Hong Kong’s mobile market in terms of mobile subscriptions with 26.2% share for 2020, supported by its strong focus on postpaid segment and focus on 5G network services.
Reasons To Buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Hong Kong’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Hong Kong’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Hong Kong’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors, and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Hong Kong.