PESTLE Insights: Spain - Macroeconomic Outlook Report
Financial intermediation, real estate and business activities contributed 22.9% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2019, followed by wholesale, retail and hotels (19.5%), and mining, manufacturing and utilities (17.6%). The performance of these sectors are expected to come under severe pressure due to economic fallout from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Four major autonomous communities of Spain generated around 60.8% of GDP and were home to 58.7% of the population in 2018
- According to the World Bank’s logistics performance index (LPI), transport and logistic infrastructure in Spain improved over the last three years with an improvement in rank from 23rd in 2016 to 17th out of 160 countries in 2018.
- The IBEX 35 index dropped sharply during February-March 2020, due to severe uncertainty in the markets stemming from the COVID-19 outbreak. As of May 19, 2020, the index stood at 6,609.1 as compared to 9,280.1 on May 17, 2019.
Reasons To Buy
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.