Four major autonomous communities of Spain generated around 60.96% of the GDP and were home to 58.91% of the population in 2018
More than 85% of inward FDI flows to Spain in 2018 originated from EU nations. Community of Madrid received 85.2% of the total FDI inward flows to Spain in 2018.
Financial intermediation, real estate and business activities contributed 22.9% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2018, followed by wholesale, retail and hotels (19.5%), and mining, manufacturing and utilities (17.7%). In nominal terms, the three sectors are expected to grow by 3.4%, 3.6% and 3.4% respectively in 2019.
- According to the World Bank’s logistics performance index (LPI), transport and logistic infrastructure in Spain improved over the last three years with an improvement in rank from 23rd in 2016 to 17th out of 160 countries in 2018.
- The overall IBEX 35 index exhibits a downward trend over the last one year. As of August 08, 2019, the Bolsa de Madrid Stock Market Index - IBEX 35 had decreased by 9.01%, compared to August 08, 2018. As of August 08, 2019, IBEX 35 stood at 8,869.00.
Reasons To Buy
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.