Unmanned aerial vehicles - UAVs or, more commonly, drones - have become integral to the oil and gas industry over the last few years owing to their increasing usability as technology has advanced. This is bolstered further by falling hardware costs and easing government regulations. The industry’s steady transition towards digital transformation using sensors, cloud computing and the Internet of Things (IoT) is providing an added impetus to drone usage.
Drone adoption in the oil and gas industry initially revolved around strategic deployments for remote monitoring and surveillance of assets during regular operations and in emergency situations. Recent advancements in sensing and imaging technologies are enabling drones to be deployed in a wide range of settings for performing inspection and predictive maintenance of critical infrastructure. Drone makers are also collaborating with oil and gas companies to develop custom drone platforms that can be equipped with different types of data collection technologies for obtaining real-time insights.
- Overview of the emergence of drones as a theme in the oil and gas industry and its impact on operations.
- Detailed analysis of the emerging use cases for drones across the oil and gas value chain.
- A brief overview of the major application areas for the drones in the oil and gas industry.
- Assessment of the overall drones market across different industry verticals.
Reasons To Buy
- Understand the importance of adopting drone technology in oil and gas operations.
- Identify the key applications and trends for the drones theme.
- A review of some of the case studies highlighting the growing capabilities of drones in addressing business challenges across the oil and gas value chain.
- Identify and benchmark key oil and gas companies based on their exposure to drones theme.