B-Cell Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma (NHL): Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2027
Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma (NHL) comprises a heterogeneous group of proliferative malignancies that arise in the B cells, T cells, or natural killer (NK) cells within the lymphoid tissue, such as the lymph nodes, bone marrow, thymus, and spleen. B-cell lymphomas comprise approximately 85% of all NHL cases diagnosed in the US, and are a diverse group of blood cancers that arise in the B-cells. This report focuses on the four NHL subtypes that represent the greatest commercial opportunities for drug developers during the forecast period: Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL), Follicular lymphoma (FL), Marginal zone lymphoma (MZL) and Mantle cell lymphoma (MCL).
The B-Cell Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma (NHL) market is expected to grow from $5.7bn in 2017 to $9.2bn by 2027 across the seven major markets (7MM - US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK and Japan) at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.9%. The main driver of the growth will be the rise of Chimeric Antigen Receptor (CAR) T cell therapies.
CAR-T therapies, including the currently marketed Yescarta and Kymriah and the pipeline agent lisocabtagene maraleucel, are expected to result in significant revenues due to premium pricing and clinical benefit in heavily pre-treated patients. Their combined revenues are expected to reach around $2.4bn in 2027.
CAR-T therapies have been highly anticipated in NHL, and they are expected to improve treatment outcomes in heavily-treated patients, an area of major unmet need. While currently only approved for the DLBCL subtype, CAR-T therapies are expected to expand into FL, MZL and MCL, and earlier lines of therapy between 2017 and 2027.
Increasing prevalence, primarily by aging populations and the approval and launch of new branded therapies: lisocabtagene maraleucel, ublituximab with umbralisib, Blincyto, tafasitamab, Venclexta, and enzastaurin will also drive market growth. Additionally, label expansion of currently marketed therapies: Yescarta, Kymriah, Polivy, Revlimid, Calquence, Aliqopa and Imbruvica will further drive growth during the forecast period.
A major barrier for market growth in B-cell NHL, however, will be the increased use of biosimilars and generics, in particular biosimilar rituximab. The branded Rituxan alone brought in around $2.5bn in the US in 2018.
Unmet needs remain in B-cell NHL, which will provide opportunities for developers, including the need for predictive and prognostic biomarkers, better therapies for relapsed or refractory DLBCL, further options in FL for specific patient subsets, and therapies for MCL patients refractory to and relapsed after treatment with Imbruvica.
The report “B-Cell Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma (NHL): Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2027” provides an overview of B-cell NHL (FL, MZL, DLBCL and MCL), including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and disease management. Furthermore, it also provides annualized CLL therapeutics market revenue, cost of therapy per patient, and treatment usage patterns in seven geographic regions, forecast from 2017 to 2027.
Key topics covered in the report include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping and implications for the B-cell NHL therapeutics market.
Key Questions Answered:
- Which pipeline agents are the most promising and expected to launch in the 7MM? What are the forecasted sales of these agents and what will be their impact in the B-cell NHL market?
- What are the main unmet needs in B-cell NHL , which pipeline drugs will fulfill these needs, and to what extent?
- What are the current research and development (R&D) strategies being explored and how can developers incorporate these methods into their business strategy?
- Key Opinions Leaders (KOLs) insights across the 7MM, relating to the current treatment options and opinions on the late and early stage pipeline agents.
- Overview of B-cell NHL (FL, MZL, DLBCL and MCL), including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and disease management.
- Annualized CLL therapeutics market revenue, cost of therapy per patient, and treatment usage patterns in seven geographic regions, forecast from 2017 to 2027. Forecast model includes previously diagnosed and newly diagnosed patients.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping and implications for the B-cell NHL therapeutics market.
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data assessing emerging trends and mechanisms of action under development for B-cell NHL . The most promising candidates in late-stage development are profiled.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global B-cell NHL market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons To Buy
The report will enable you to:
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global B-cell NHL market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global B-cell NHL market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.