Global floating solar panels market is anticipated to grow at a robust pace during the forecast period. The growth of the market is backed by increasing investments in renewable energy coupled with the technological advancements. Floating solar or FPV (Floating photovoltaic), refers to an array of solar panels on a structure that floats on a body of water, typically an artificial basin or a lake. Factors like growing energy crisis, high rate of carbon emissions, and rising concerns about environmental protection are stimulating the need for sustainable power generation, globally. Additionally, growing number of renewable energy pacts, especially focusing on solar projects, across the world, is supporting the increased installation of solar panels or PV modules, which, in turn, is driving the floating solar panels market.
In terms of capacity, the global floating solar panels market is categorized into up to 1MW, 1MW-5MW and above 5MW. Of these, the above 5MW category occupied the largest share in the market and expected to lead the market during the forecast period as well on account of growing utility-scale investments towards the development of large-scale photovoltaic projects.
Few of the major companies operating in global floating solar panels market are Trina Solar Limited, Sharp Corporation, KYOCERA Corporation, JA Solar Co., Ltd., Yingli Solar, SPG Solar, Inc., Ciel & Terre International, NOVATON AG, Solaris Synergy, Pristine Sun LLC, among others.
Years considered for this report:
- Historical Years: 2014-2017
- Base Year: 2018
- Estimated Year: 2019
- Forecast Period: 2020–2024
Objective of the Study:
- To analyze and forecast global floating solar panels market size.
- To forecast global floating solar panels market based on type, capacity, connectivity and regional distribution.
- To identify drivers and challenges for global floating solar panels market.
- To examine competitive developments such as expansions, new product launches, mergers & acquisitions, etc., in global floating solar panels market.
- To conduct pricing analysis for global floating solar panels market.
- To identify and analyze the profile of leading players operating in global Floating Solar Panels market.
Some of the leading players in global floating solar panels market are Trina Solar Limited, Sharp Corporation, KYOCERA Corporation, JA Solar Co., Ltd., Yingli Solar, SPG Solar, Inc., Ciel & Terre International, NOVATON AG, Solaris Synergy, Pristine Sun LLC, among others.
TechSci Research performed both primary as well as exhaustive secondary research for this study. Initially, TechSci Research sourced a list of solar panel manufacturers and floating solar panels vendors across the globe. Subsequently, TechSci Research conducted primary research surveys with the identified companies. While interviewing, the respondents were also enquired about their competitors. Through this technique, TechSci Research was able to include the floating solar panels providers which could not be identified due to the limitations of secondary research. TechSci Research analyzed the service offerings, distribution channels and presence of all major vendors across the globe.
TechSci Research calculated global floating solar panels market size using a top down and bottom-up approach, wherein data for various application across various end-user segments was recorded and forecast for the future years. TechSci Research sourced these values from the industry experts and company representatives and externally validated through analyzing historical data of these product types and applications for getting an appropriate, overall market size. Various secondary sources such as company websites, news articles, press releases, company annual reports, investor presentations and financial reports were also studied by TechSci Research.
Key Target Audience:
- Floating solar panel manufacturers, distributors, suppliers, EPC companies, and other stakeholders
- Floating solar panels companies
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
- Organizations, forums and alliances related to floating solar panels market
- Market research and consulting firms
The study is useful in providing answers to several critical questions that are important for the industry stakeholders such as manufacturers, vendors and end users. The study would also help them in identifying which market segments should be targeted over the coming years in order to strategize investments and capitalize on growth of the market.
In this report, global floating solar panels market has been segmented into following categories, in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
- Market, by Capacity:
o Up to 1MW
o 1MW - 5MW
o Above 5MW
- Market, by Type:
o Solar Tracking
- Market, by Connectivity:
o On Grid
o Off Grid
- Market, by Region:
o North America
o South America
o Middle East & Africa
Company Profiles: Detailed analysis of the major companies present in global floating solar panels market.
With the given market data, TechSci Research offers customizations according to a company’s specific needs. The following customization options are available for the report:
- Detailed analysis and profiling of additional market players (up to five).
Profit Margin Analysis
- Profit margin analysis in case of direct and indirect sales channel.