Smokeless Tobacco in India, 2019 is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Indian tobacco market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2028.
There is a large market for smokeless tobacco products in India due to the country’s large population, the wide variety of ways in which this type of tobacco is used, and its artisanal production base.
Recent actions by Central and State authorities on smoking appear to limit the availability of smokeless tobacco, with volumes falling annually since 2012. GlobalData figures for 2017 show a reduced market for smokeless tobacco, of 124,000 tons.
- Consumption of smokeless tobacco are forecast to have fallen from 124,000 tons in 2017 to 116,000 tons in 2018.
- All smokeless products imported into India face an import duty of 30% of their FOB value. This is unchanged on recent years.
- India is one of the world’s largest producers of tobacco and tobacco products, behind China and the US. Output stood at 700,000 tons in 2008/09.
- The two states with the highest level of smokeless tobacco are both in North East India: Tripura (48.5%) and Manipur (47.7%).
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers. Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.