The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Cigarettes in Azerbaijan, 2019 is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Georgian tobacco market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2028.
Azerbaijan is one of the more significant cigarette markets that emerged following the break-up of the former Soviet Union in the early 1990s. The country is situated on the Caspian Sea with Russia and Georgia in the north, Armenia to the west and Iran to the south. It has a population of around 10 million and a buoyant economy, driven by rising oil and gas production. Demand for cigarettes, as in many other former Soviet states, had been dictated by the performance of the local economy and the ability of local manufacturers and importers to provide adequate supplies. Azerbaijan also suffered the added problem of its main manufacturing facility, located in Baku, passing through a series of owners. This led to very low levels of cigarette production until European Tobacco Baku commenced operations in 2000.
- Legitimate sales growth has been strong in the last several years, helped by a surge in legal imports displacing contraband
- Most tobacco grown in Azerbaijan is of oriental type and local production has, in the past, consisted mainly of oriental blend cigarettes, although this began to change rapidly, as imports flooded onto the market
- Historically, around 50% of the cigarettes imported into Azerbaijan were cheap Bulgarian cigarettes which were popular due to their low price, their similarity to local products
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers. Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.