Medical simulation is the virtual duplication of in situ activities or phenomenon, representing the functions and properties of a selective real abstract or process. It is used to train healthcare professionals using advanced healthcare technologies.
The global medical simulation market was valued at $1,132 million in 2017 and is estimated to reach $ 3,251 million by 2025, registering a CAGR of 14.0% from 2018 to 2025. The global medical simulation market is driven by the increase in use of simulation in healthcare, rise in deaths due to medical errors, and necessity to improve patient safety outcomes. Moreover, the benefits of medical simulation such as training of complex as well as normal cases for professionals and technological advancements in medical field further increase the demand for medical simulation. However, high installation cost and lack of complete real situation restrain the market growth.
The global medical simulation market is segmented based on product & service, fidelity, end user, and region. Based on product & service, it is divided into model-based simulation, web-based simulation, and simulation training services. Model-based simulation is further classified into patient simulation, surgical simulation, and ultrasound simulation. Patient simulation is segmented into task trainers, manikin-based simulators, and standardized patient simulators. Surgical simulation is sub-segmented in laparoscopic surgical simulators, arthroscopic surgical simulators, cardiovascular simulators, gynecology simulators, and others. Web-based simulation segment is classified into simulation software, performance-recording software, and virtual tutors. Simulation training services comprise vendor-based training services, custom consulting services, and educational society services. Based on fidelity, the market is classified into low-fidelity, medium fidelity, and high-fidelity simulators. Based on end user, the market is divided into academic institutions & research centers, hospitals & clinics, and military organizations. Based on region, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the emerging trends and dynamics in the global medical simulation market.
- This study provides the landscape of the global market to predict the competitive environment across geographies.
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analyses of the current trends and future estimations to identify the prevailing opportunities.
- Comprehensive analyses of factors that drive and restrict the market growth is provided in the report.
- Region- and country-wise analysis is conducted to understand the market trends and dynamics.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
- By Product & Service
- ·Model-based Simulation
- Task Trainer Simulation
- Manikin-based Simulation
- Standardized Patient Simulation
- Laparoscopic Surgical Simulators
- Arthroscopic Surgical Simulators
- Cardiovascular Simulators
- Gynecology Simulators
- ·Web-based Simulation
- ·Simulation Training Services
Custom Consulting Services
- ·Academic Institutions & Research Centers
- ·Hospitals & Clinics
- ·Military Organizations
- ·North America
Rest of Europe
Rest of Asia-Pacific
Rest of LAMEA
The key players profiled in this report are as follows:
- Laerdal Medical AS
- CAE, Inc.
- 3D Systems, Inc.
- Simulab Corporation
- Simulaids, Inc.
- Limbs and Things, Ltd.
- Kyoto Kagaku Co. Ltd.
- Mentice AB
- Surgical Science Sweden AB
- Gaumard Scientific Company, Inc.
The other players operating in the medical simulation market include (not profiled in the report)
- Medical Simulation Technologies sp. z o.o.
- Remedy Simulation Group