OYO Rooms - An overview of India’s largest and fastest growing hospitality company
OYO is currently one of the tourism industry’s fastest growing companies. It is the world’s sixth largest chain of operated hotels, homes, managed living and workspaces. This case study looks at how the company has achieved this impressive growth, how it is planning to expand further, and also analyzes the potential issues that rapid expansion can bring about.
In 2018, OYO grew its room numbers at 10 times the pace of global leader Marriott. It has conquered Asian territory and is moving in to international markets. The hotel chain established operations in the UK, UAE, Dubai, China, Singapore and Indonesia.
OYO has tapped in to younger market segments through providing an affordable, instantly accessible service. It uses innovative technology and provides reliability by ensuring every room has a minimum of: AC, a television, free Wi-Fi, clean linen, complimentary breakfast, hygienic washrooms and a toiletries kit.
Independent hotels can utilise OYO’s brand power to attract more frequent business throughout the year and reduce the effects of seasonality, which has a significant impact in countries such as Spain.
- This case study looks at how the company has achieved this impressive growth, how it is planning to expand further, and also analyzes the potential issues that rapid expansion can bring about. It also analyzes the company’s operating model and looks at exactly what its expansion plans are.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain an understanding of OYO and its business model
- Learn about the history of OYO and how it has grown to be where it is today
- SWOT analysis of the company and its operating model
- Understand what issues the company might encounter as it looks to expand further