The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Our "Defense Industry Business Confidence Report 2019", examines executives’ opinion about the business environment during June 2019-May 2020. It also highlights the current economic conditions, supplier price variations, sales performance, industry and company growth prospects, spending models, and key priorities. Additionally, the report provides information categorized by region, and company size and type.
The majority of executives (51%) expect the current global economic state to remain stable with regards to its impact on the defense sector over the next 12 months. While, 25% of respondents indicate a favorable opinion about the existing global economic condition. Moreover, factors such as stable global economic environment, increasing geo-political risks, market competition, and rising demand for military equipment, dictates the governments’ defense expenditure and overall growth within the industry. Globally, two-thirds of surveyed executives have positive expectations for both their company’s growth and industry’s growth over the next 12 months. Furthermore, respondents, particularly with business operation in the Rest of the World and Asia-Pacific, predicts the most significant increase (i.e. more than 10%) in the supplier prices of power and energy over the next 12 months. Additionally, political changes in the country / countries of operation, cybercrime, and skill shortages are, respectively, identified as the top three concerns for the defense industry during June 2019-May 2020.
What else does this report offer?
- The current state of the economy with regards to its impact on the defense industry: examines predominating economic conditions globally and across specific regions
- Company and industry growth outlook: provides executives’ opinions on the growth prospects of their company and the industry over the next 12 months
- Change in level of customer confidence: analyzes respondents’ sentiments surrounding the shift in the level of customer confidence within defense industry during June 2019-May 2020
- Supplier prices outlook: determines the expected variation in supplier prices across different categories and their impact on the business confidence
- Change in staff headcount and sales performance: anticipates and tracks the shift in staff headcount and sales growth during June 2019-May 2020 among industry executives globally as well as regionally
- Investment Projection & activities: highlights different areas in which industry executives intend to spend and invest over the next 12 months
- Business concerns: provides information about potential business concerns indicated by survey respondents for coming 12 months
- Key priorities: identifies the top priorities of industry executives operating in various regions
- Asia-Pacific and North America scored higher on average economic favorability index for the next 12 months, whereas, the Rest of the World, particularly, South America have scored the lowest
- The majority of respondents anticipate a positive or very positive change in the level of customer confidence within the defense industry during June 2019-May 2020
- On average, overall sales performance within the defense industry is expected to increase by 4.5% during June 2019-May 2020, particularly, Europe and Asia-Pacific are expecting the most significant improvement in the sales performance
- Over the next 12 months, surveyed executives predict that the highest increase in expenditure will be towards new product development which is followed by research and analysis
- Political changes in the country/countries of operation is identified as the top-most concern for the defense organization over the next 12 months
Reasons To Buy
- Assists companies to make effective business strategy decisions by knowing the prevailing market conditions and sentiment within the defense industry
- Supports organizations in business expansion decisions by providing information concerning the projected variation in sales performance and supplier prices
- Helps defense organizations in aligning themselves with the latest market trends and prevailing sentiments by informing them with the essential priorities and major concerns of the industry
- Serves to adjust investment allocation by outlining key focus areas highlighted by survey respondents during 2019