“The hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.0% during the forecast period.”
The hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis market is projected to reach USD 99.2 billion by 2024 from USD 74.2 billion in 2019, at a CAGR of 6.0%. Growth in this market is largely driven by factors such as the increasing number of ESRD patients, growing prevalence of diabetes & hypertension, preference for dialysis treatments over kidney transplants, and initiatives taken by leading players to introduce advanced products & services. However, the risks & complications associated with dialysis, low consumer awareness regarding kidney diseases, and reimbursement concerns are expected to restrain the growth of this market during the forecast period.
“The hemodialysis segment is expected to account for the largest market share during the forecast period.”
The hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis market is categorized into two broad segments, namely, hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis. The hemodialysis segment is expected to account for the largest share of the market. Factors such as the huge acceptance of hemodialysis therapy over peritoneal dialysis among CKD and ESRD patients, an increasing number of ESRD patients, growth in the number of dialysis centers, and government initiatives are stimulating the growth of the hemodialysis market.
“The conventional hemodialysis segment is expected to hold the largest share of the hemodialysis modality market during the forecast period.”
Based on modality, the hemodialysis market is classified into three major segments conventional hemodialysis, short daily hemodialysis, and nocturnal hemodialysis (NHD). The conventional hemodialysis segment is expected to account for the largest share of this market in 2019. The large share of this segment can be attributed to the large patient population opting for conventional dialysis, rising number of dialysis centers across the globe, a growing number of ESRD patients, and ongoing technological advancements in conventional hemodialysis.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
“North America to account for the largest share of the global market in 2019.”
Based on region, the hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis market has been segmented into four major regions, namely, North America, Europe, the Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World. North America is expected to account for the largest share of the hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis market in 2019. The higher per capita income as compared to other regions, favorable reimbursement scenario, and increasing demand for dialysis procedures are propelling the growth of the in-center dialysis market.
Breakdown of supply-side primary interviews:
- By Company Type: Tier 1- 45%, Tier 2 - 34%, and Tier 3 -21%
- By Designation: C-level - 14%, Director-level - 10%, and Others - 76%
- By Region: Europe - 35%, North America – 32%, APAC – 25%, and RoW – 8%
The major players in the market include Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGaA (Germany), DaVita Healthcare Partners, Inc. (US), Baxter International, Inc. (US), and B. Braun Melsungen AG (Germany), are key players dominating the market. Other players in this market include Ion Nipro Corporation (Japan), Cantel Medical Corporation (US), NIKKISO CO., LTD (Japan), Diaverum Healthcare Partners (Germany), Asahi Kasei Corporation (Japan), Medtronic Plc (Ireland), Rockwell Medical, Inc. (US), Becton, Dickinson and Company (US), Dialife Group (Switzerland), and Isopure Corp. (US), among others.
- This report studies the hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis market based on type, product & service, modality, and usage.
- The report also studies factors (such as drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges) affecting market growth. It analyzes the opportunities and challenges in the market and provides details of the competitive landscape for market leaders.
- Furthermore, the report analyzes micromarkets with respect to their individual growth trends and forecasts the revenue of the market segments with respect to four main regions (and the respective countries in these regions).
Key Benefits of Buying the Report
- This report analyzes industry trends, market shares of top players, and company profiles, which together form a basic view of the market. It also analyzes the competitive landscape; emerging segments of the hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis market; and high-growth regions and their drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
- The report will help both established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market and garner greater market shares.