“The super absorbent polymers market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 7.4% between 2019 and 2024.”
The super absorbent polymers market is projected to grow from USD 9.0 billion in 2019 to USD 12.9 billion by 2024, at a CAGR of 7.4%. The increased demand for SAP in applications such as personal hygiene, agriculture, medical, and industrial is expected to drive the growth of the super absorbent polymers market across the globe. The growing population, increasing demand for fluffless personal hygiene products, focus on effective irrigation management, and adoption of eco-friendly products act as drivers for the growth of the SAP market.
“The agriculture application segment is projected to grow at the highest CAGR from 2019 to 2024.”
Among the applications, the production technology segment of the super absorbent polymers market is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period, in terms of value. SAP is used to improve soil fertility, prevent erosion, and provide nutrients by increasing the water holding capacity, permeability, and reducing the evaporation and infiltration rates. The three most common factors of soil condition that hamper the growth of plant and crop yield are low water retention ability, high evapotranspiration rate, and soil moisture leaching. Along with these factors, some other factors such as overuse of synthetic fertilizers & pesticides, improper irrigation practices, unforeseen drought conditions, degradation, and salination affect soil & plant and can result in the permanent damage of soil. Advantages of using SAP in agriculture fields are improved soil quality, water preservation, seedling development, increased seed sprouting, and resistance to drought stress.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
“The polyacrylate/polyacrylamide copolymer segment is estimated to be the largest type during the forecast period.”
Based on type, the polyacrylate/polyacrylamide segment is estimated to lead the super absorbent polymers market between 2019 and 2024. Polyacrylamide is one of the most commonly used SAP for agriculture, horticulture, and gardening purposes. The properties such as soil stabilization and flocculation of suspended particles to improve the runoff water, limit surface sealing, increase infiltration rate made polyacrylamides as widely accepted super absorbent polymer. Some of the common applications of polyacrylamide copolymer are rain-fed agriculture, sprinkler irrigation, and highway cuts. It is highly cost-effective on the part of furrow irrigation systems, where it can be applied at a lower rate. It can also be used in other applications such as food packaging, adhesives, coatings, and paper manufacturing.
“The super absorbent polymers market in APAC is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period.”
The APAC super absorbent polymers market is projected to grow at the highest CAGR between 2019 and 2024. Growing population, increasing industrialization, economic development, and biodiversity are the key factors attributed to the growth of the SAP market in APAC. The demand for diapers is very high in APAC owing to its large population. Agriculture is one of the biggest sectors in the region. Availability of fresh water is a serious issue in the region due to increased environmental deterioration, high soil erosion, occasional floods, increase in pollution level, and others. This is expected to increase the consumption of super absorbent polymers in the agriculture application.
Extensive primary interviews were conducted to determine and verify the market size for several segments and subsegments.
The break-up of primary interviews is given below.
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 35%, Tier 2 – 45%, and Tier 3 – 20%
- By Designation: C Level – 35%, Director Level – 25%, and Others – 40%
- By Region: North America – 45%, Europe – 20%, APAC – 30%, RoW-5%
The companies profiled in this market research report include Nippon Shokubai (Japan), BASF (Germany), Evonik (Germany), Sumitomo (Japan), LG Chem (South Korea), SDP Global (Japan), Formosa (Taiwan), Yixing Danson (China), Satellite Science & Technology Co., Ltd.(China), and Kao Corporation (Japan).
- This research report has categorized the super absorbent polymers market on the basis of product type, application, and region. It includes detailed information regarding the major factors, such as drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities, influencing the growth of the super absorbent polymers market. A detailed analysis of the key players was done to provide insights on their business overviews, products & services offered, and key strategies, such as investments & expansions and mergers & acquisitions, adopted by them to strengthen their position in the super absorbent polymers market.
Reasons To Buy the report:
The report is expected to help market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
- This report comprehensively segments the super absorbent polymers market and provides the closest approximations of the market sizes for the overall market and its sub-segments across different regions.
- The report is expected to help stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provide them information on the key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
- This report is also expected to help the stakeholders understand major competitors in the market and gain insights to enhance their competitive positions in the market.
- The competitive landscape section includes major industry players from different regions, contributing to the market.
- The landscape consists of the top 25 companies ranked and grouped, on the basis of their competency parameters, such as geographical presence, recent strategic developments, and the number of employees.