“The membrane filtration market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.4%.”
The global membrane filtration market is estimated to be valued at USD 13.5 billion in 2019 and is projected to reach USD 19.6 billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 6.4% from 2019 to 2025. The market is driven by factors such as rapidly growing dairy industry, regulations for water safety & filtration, efficiencies offered by membrane filtration technology, and rising demand for premium products. High initial setup costs inhibit the growth of the membrane filtration market.
“By type, the reverse osmosis (RO) segment is projected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period.”
The reverse osmosis (RO) segment is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR due to increasing demand from the water processing and beverage industries across the globe. This technology is used commonly for the demineralization and deionization of water. Government bodies in several countries are also utilizing reverse osmosis technology to ensure access to safe drinking water to the population. Apart from the water industry, RO technology has gained traction in the beverage industry. Water is the most important ingredient in the industry, and thus, beverage manufacturers are adopting this highly efficient technology for water purification.
“By application, the food & beverage segment in membrane filtration market is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period”
Based on application, the membrane filtration market is segmented into water & wastewater and food & beverages. Membrane filtration technology is gaining significant acceptance in the food & beverage industry for increasing the safety, quality, and shelf-life of the food & beverage products. The major functions of membrane technology in the food industry, along with desalination include standardization, concentration, clarification/separation, and fractionation.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
“Asia Pacific is projected to be the fastest-growing membrane filtration market, due to increasing usage of membrane filtration in water processing plants for purification and in the dairy and food industries for pasteurization, sterilization, and concentration processes”
The membrane filtration market in this region is majorly driven by the increasing use of membrane filtration technology for water purification. The growing population in major countries like India and China has led to a rising need for sustainable purification technologies to ensure the supply of safe drinking water. The increase in demand for dairy products, government support for membrane filtration technology in water purification, the growth in the purchasing power of the middle-class group for quality products, and the rise in consumption of functional food are some of the key factors that are projected to drive the demand for membrane filtration technology in this region.
The global membrane filtration market for food & beverages is segmented region-wise, with a detailed analysis of each region. These regions include North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
Break-up of Primaries
- By Company Type: Tier 1 - 45%, Tier 2 - 30%, and Tier 3 - 25%
- By Designation: D-level - 40%, C-level - 25%, and Others* - 35%
- By Region: North America - 20%, Europe - 26%, Asia Pacific - 30%, and RoW - 24%
*Others include sales managers, marketing managers, and product managers.
Leading players profiled in this report
- DowDuPont (US)
- Suez Water Technologies and Solutions (US)
- Alfa Laval AB (Sweden)
- GEA Group AG (Germany),
- Pall Corporation (US)
- 3M Company (US)
- Koch Membrane Systems Inc (US)
- Veolia (France)
- SPX Flow, Inc. (US)
- Prominent GmbH (Germany)
- Pentair Plc. (US)
- Porvair Filtration Group (UK)
- This report segments the membrane filtration market based on type, application, module design, membrane material, and region. In terms of insights, this research report focuses on various levels of analysis competitive landscape, end-use analysis, and company profiles which together comprise and discuss the basic views on the emerging & high-growth segments of the membrane filtration market, high-growth regions, countries, industry trends, drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges.
Reasons To Buy this report
- To get a comprehensive overview of the membrane filtration market
- To gain wide-ranging information about the top players in this industry, their product portfolio details, and the key strategies adopted by them
- To gain insights about the major countries/regions in which the membrane filtration market is flourishing