The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The "Amazon Strategic Review - 2019", report forms part of GlobalData’s Retail Channels series, and offers a comprehensive insight into the financial and operating performance of Amazon. The report analyses various financial performance indicators including global and UK revenue split by key streams, UK market share and forecast growth for Amazon. The report also shows a breakdown of all sectors in which Amazon operates in, forecasting revenue, market share and the competitive outlook out to 2024.
Despite being a mature online retailer, Amazon has experienced exponential worldwide group revenue growth of 161.7% between 2014 and 2018 with revenue reaching $232.9bn in 2018. Amazon’s market share will continue to grow in the UK as it remains a retail leader, with the online pureplay set to account for almost one fifth of all UK online expenditure by 2024.
- Amazon’s UK retail revenue is anticipated to increase from ?9.9bn in 2019 to ?15.7bn in 2024, rising 58.2% and far outperforming the UK retail online market which is expected to increase by 32.7% over the same period.
- GlobalData’s survey of 10,000 online shoppers conducted in 2018 shows that 19.4% of UK online shoppers are members of Amazon Prime. Such a loyal following has been crucial to the ongoing expansion of Amazon with the subscription model offering unparalleled delivery options which sets it apart from its competitors.
- Food and grocery is set to be the fastest growing sector for Amazon out to 2024 as it ramps up its focus on the UK food market via its Amazon Fresh division.
Reasons To Buy
- Use our in-depth market insight to understand why Amazon has and will continue to outperform both online and offline retailers over the next five years.
- Understand which sectors Amazon will achieve rapid growth, and how its operating performance compares to forecasted online and overall sector growth.