Predictive maintenance tools evaluate the condition of operational equipment and predict its maintenance requirements in order to achieve optimum performance and prevent malfunction. It utilizes automated condition monitoring and advanced data analytics to gather vital equipment statistics - such as vibration, temperature, sound, and electric current - and compare them with historical records of similar equipment to detect signs of deterioration. Predictive maintenance is a fairly mature concept and has been widely deployed in the oil and gas industry over the last twenty years. The increasingly volatile oil price environment is giving an added lift to the adoption of predictive maintenance technologies to help companies cut back on operational expenditure by optimizing maintenance scheduling and driving productivity. Recent advancements in cloud-based data analytics and the rise of the digital twin in oil and gas operations are extending the boundaries of predictive maintenance technologies, making it a reliable tool for monitoring asset integrity.
- The report analyses the impact of predictive maintenance as a theme on the oil & gas industry.
- Overview of predictive maintenance theme in the oil and gas industry.
- Detailed analysis of the role of predictive maintenance across the oil and gas value chain.
- Evolution of maintenance approaches in the industrial context.
- A brief overview of the complexities involved in designing a predictive maintenance system is also covered in this study.
Reasons To Buy
- Understand the importance of predictive maintenance in the oil and gas industry against the backdrop of aging infrastructure and volatile crude pricing.
- Identify the key trends in predictive maintenance theme.
- Evaluation of geographically diverse use cases in which oil and gas companies have deployed predictive maintenance technologies to prevent unplanned breakdowns across the upstream, midstream and downstream segments.
- Understand the predictive maintenance value chain along with the leaders and challengers at each stage of the value chain.
- Benchmark the key oil and gas companies in the predictive maintenance theme.