“Drone delivery” involves using drones (autonomous flying vehicles) to bring customers food or other objects. Among the first industries to recognize the delivery potential of drones (autonomous flying vehicles) were the retail and the consumer industry. However, regulatory issues, questions regarding its necessity, and the need for further technological developments keep drone delivery from a full take-off.
This report is part of GlobalData’s ForeSights series, which identifies weak signals and considers how the subtle trends of today might impact innovation tomorrow.
- Delivery drones are devices using smartphones, GPS, optical tracking, 3D imaging, and other location precision technologies to bring food and other packages to the consumers via air.
- Drones have the potential to reduce delivery costs, while increasing delivery speed and making it more sustainable.
- Care must be taken to facilitate drone delivery, and policies and regulatory laws must be adopted to make sure drone use is safe and legal.
Reasons To Buy
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.