Car Manufacturing Global Industry Guide 2014-2023
Global Car Manufacturing industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, Industry size (value and volume 2014-18, and forecast to 2023). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the Industry.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the global car manufacturing Industry. Includes Industry size data, textual and graphical analysis of Industry growth trends and leading companies.
- The passenger cars manufacturers industry value is calculated in terms of manufacturer selling price (MSP), and excludes all taxes and levies.
- The volume represents the quantity of completely built up (CBU) cars in the particular country/region.
- Passenger cars are defined as motor vehicles with at least four wheels, used for the transport of passengers, and comprising no more than eight seats in addition to the driver’s seat. The market includes both petrol and diesel passenger cars, as well as hybrid, electric, SUVs and pickup trucks. Any sort of commercial vehicles e.g. vans or HGVs are excluded.
- Market shares refer to the volume - not value - of built units in a particular country in the respective calendar year. Note that this is respesentative of the number of cars manufactured, not necessarily sold.
- Any currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2018 annual average exchange rates.
- Car manufacturing can be a highly concentrated industry, and in some countries there is only one significant manufacturer. Forecasts made in this profile should not be interpreted as predictions of any individual company’s performance.
- The global car manufacturing industry had total revenues of $1,482.7bn in 2018, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -0.3% between 2014 and 2018.
- Industry consumption volume increased with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.3% between 2014 and 2018, to reach a total of 68.5 million units in 2018.
- Global automobile sales will gain momentum in 2019, led by emerging markets in general and a revived Russia in particular. With the emerging disruption of electrification, automated driving and new mobility ideas, leadership may be changing from the west to the east.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the global car manufacturing Industry
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global car manufacturing Industry
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key car manufacturing Industry players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global car manufacturing Industry with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the global car manufacturing Industry by value in 2018?
- What will be the size of the global car manufacturing Industry in 2023?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global car manufacturing Industry?
- How has the Industry performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitors in the global car manufacturing Industry?