The retail deposits and mortgage markets in Mexico reported strong growth during 2013-17, but these gains are expected to decelerate in the next five years. The credit card market is set to accelerate during 2018-22 compared with the preceding five-year period. Mexican banks have been increasing their profitability in recent years, and their operating efficiency is also improving.
The report "Retail Banking Market Dynamics: Mexico 2018", identifies macroeconomic and competitive dynamics that impact upon the Mexican retail banking market. It provides insight into -
- Outlook for deposits, credit cards, personal loans, and mortgages
- Net changes in market share across all four product areas
- Overall financial performance, including profitability, efficiency, and income sources
Companies mentioned: Afirme, BanBaj?o, Banco Azteca, Banorte, BBVA Bancomer, Citibanamex, HSBC (Mexico), Inbursa, Santander (Mexico), Scotiabank Inverlat
- Among the top banks in the Mexican retail deposits market, HSBC (Mexico) saw its market share decrease the most since 2013.
- Banorte outperformed the top banks with the highest growth rate in credit card balances over the review period.
- Mortgage balances are expected to record a compound annual growth rate of 6.8% over 2018-22.
Reasons To Buy
- Identify factors affecting growth prospects across the deposit, credit card, personal loan, and mortgage markets.
- Track competitor gains and losses in market share.
- Assess the financial performance of competitors.