“Monolithic Microwave Integrated Circuit (MMIC) market estimated to grow at a CAGR of 10.6% from 2019 to 2024”
The Monolithic Microwave Integrated Circuit (MMIC) market is estimated to grow from USD 7.7 billion in 2019 to USD 12.7 billion by 2024, at a CAGR of 10.6% between 2019 and 2024. The growth of the MMIC market is driven by the increased demand for MMICs from the flourishing smartphone industry; increasing adoption of E band to meet the growing bandwidth requirements of the space, defense, and wireless communication infrastructure sectors; and rising defense spending of countries, globally. However, high development costs associated with the designing of MMICs act as a major restraint for the growth of the market.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
“High-frequency and broadband communication systems boost the demand for attenuators, leading to its anticipated highest CAGR during forecast period”
The market for attenuators is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. Attenuators reduce the level of signals to protect circuits from damages caused by high-level signals. They may also be used to provide accurate impedance match as most fixed attenuators offer well-defined impedance. Attenuators may also be used in a variety of areas wherein signal levels need to be controlled. Variable attenuators are used widely in telecommunication and electronic warfare applications to adjust the signal level or compensate it for intrinsic gain variations in operating temperature.
“Attributes such as low power consumption, high power density, and long product life contribute to the anticipated highest CAGR of gallium nitride-based MMICs during forecast period”
The market for gallium nitride is estimated to grow at a higher CAGR during the forecast period. Gallium Nitride (GaN) is an emerging alternative for pure silicon in the field of semiconductors and electronics due to its high brightness emissions and intensities in opto-semiconductors, high-power efficiency, superior high frequency handling capacity, and flexibility to be used alongside various substrates such as silicon, sapphire, and Silicon Carbide (SiC). MMICs developed using gallium nitride offer high input power survivability of 40 dBm, thereby potentially eliminating the requirement for a power limiter in broadband communication, Electronic Warfare (EW) instrumentation, or radar applications.
“The market in APAC expected to witness the highest CAGR during forecast period”
The market in APAC is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. Increased production of electronic devices in the region due to the low manufacturing cost and availability of cheap labor is a key driver for the growth of the MMIC market in Asia Pacific. Rising demand for smartphones, digital televisions, automobile electronics, and electro-medical devices in Asia Pacific is expected to contribute to the growth of the MMIC market in the region.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and subsegments gathered through secondary research, extensive primary interviews have been conducted with key industry people.
The breakup of the profile of primary participants has been given below:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 30%, Tier 2 – 38%, and Tier 3 – 32%
- By Designation: C-Level Executives – 44%, Directors – 38%, and Others – 18%
- By Region: North America – 30%, Europe – 25%, APAC – 26%, and RoW – 19%
Analog Devices (US), NXP Semiconductor (Netherlands), MACOM (US), Qorvo (US), Skyworks Solutions (US), Broadcom (US), Infineon Technologies (Germany), Maxim Integrated (US), Mini-Circuits (US), OMMIC (France), WIN Semiconductors (Taiwan), United Monolithic Semiconductors (UMS) (France), Custom MMIC Design Services (US), Microarray Technologies (China), VectraWave (France), BeRex (South Korea), and Arralis (Ireland) are the major players operating in the MMIC market.
- Major components used in MMIC are power amplifiers, LNA, attenuators, and switches.
- By material type, the MMIC market has been segmented into gallium arsenide, indium phosphide, indium gallium phosphide, silicon germanium, and gallium nitride.
- By technology, the MMIC market has been segmented into MESFET, HEMT, pHEMT, E-pHEMT, mHEMT, HBT, and MOS.
- By frequency band, the MMIC market has been segmented into L band, S band, C band, X band, Ku band, K band, Ka band, V band, and W band.
- By application, the MMIC market has been segmented into consumer/enterprise electronics, wireless communication infrastructure, automotive, aerospace & defense, community access television (CATV) and wired broadband, and others.
- The geographic analysis is done with regard to 4 regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW).
Reasons To buy this report:
From an insight perspective, this research report has focused on various levels of analysis?industry analysis (industry trends), market ranking analysis of top players, value chain analysis; company profiles, which discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape, emerging and high-growth segments of the MMIC market, and high-growth regions; and drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities pertaining to the MMIC market.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market penetration: Comprehensive information on MMIC offered by the top players in the overall MMIC market
- Product development/innovation: Detailed insights regarding R&D activities, emerging technologies, and product launches in the MMIC market
- Market development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets?the report analyzes the markets for MMIC across regions
- Market diversification: Exhaustive information about untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the overall MMIC market
- Competitive assessment: In-depth assessment of market ranking analysis, strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of the leading players in the MMIC market