Global Flue Gas Desulfurization (FGD) Market Overview
Global flue gas desulfurization (FGD) market is forecast to grow from $ 15 billion in 2018 to $ 19 billion by 2024, owing to the enforcement of various laws and regulations that mandate SOx emitting industries to install air quality control equipment in their plants across the globe. Flue gas desulfurization is a technology which removes sulfur dioxide (SO2) from the flue gas emitted by fossil fuel power plants prior to its release into the atmosphere.
Flue gas desulfurization (FGD) market is growing across the globe, on account of increasing prevalence of airborne diseases, implementation of environmental laws and regulations, and growing concerns over environmental pollution. Increasing demand for FGD systems from chemicals, power generation, cement manufacturing, iron & steel, and various other industries is also expected to fuel the FGD market, globally, during forecast period.
Global Flue Gas Desulfurization (FGD) Market Segment Insights
In terms of type, flue gas desulfurization market is categorized into dry & semi-dry FGD system and wet FGD system. Of the two types, wet FGD system category is anticipated to account for the majority share in the global FGD market during the forecast period, owing to growing adoption of wet FGD systems in several industries backed by their high effectiveness in removing SO2 from flue gas.
Global Flue Gas Desulfurization (FGD) Market Regional Insights
Regionally, Asia-Pacific is expected to continue its market dominance and exhibit the fastest growth in the global flue gas desulfurization market during the forecast period, on the back of increasing demand for FGD systems from power generation, cement and metal smelting industries in countries like China and India. Moreover, alarming pollution levels and stringent laws introduced by the governments to curb pollution in the region are also anticipated to aid the Asia-Pacific FGD market growth in the coming years.
Global Flue Gas Desulfurization (FGD) Market Competitive Landscape
Global Flue Gas Desulfurization (FGD) market is consolidated in nature and is dominated by few key players. Some of the major companies operating in the market are Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd., General Electric Company, Thermax, Babcock & Wilcox Enterprises Inc., Rafako S.A., FLSmidth, and Siemens AG. These companies, through strategic developments, aim at entering new markets and improve their product offerings, in order to consolidate their position in the industry. With increasing number of collaborations between regional and global players, global FGD market is likely to witness further consolidation during forecast period.
Years considered for this report:
- Historical Years: 2014-2017
- Base Year: 2018
- Estimated Year: 2019
- Forecast Period: 2020-2024
Objective of the Study:
- To analyze and forecast global flue gas desulfurization (FGD) market size, in terms of value.
- To forecast global flue gas desulfurization (FGD) market based on installation, type, end user and regional distribution.
- To identify drivers and challenges for global flue gas (FGD) desulfurization market.
- To examine competitive developments such as expansions, new product launches, mergers & acquisitions, etc., in global flue gas desulfurization (FGD) market.
- To conduct the pricing analysis for global flue gas desulfurization (FGD) market.
- To identify and analyze the profile of leading players operating in the global flue gas desulfurization (FGD) market.
Key Target Audience:
- Flue gas desulfurization system manufacturers, suppliers, distributors and other stakeholders
- Flue gas desulfurization system end-user industries
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
- Organizations, forums and alliances related to flue gas desulfurization (FGD) market
- Market research and consulting firms
The study is useful in providing answers to several critical questions that are important for the industry stakeholders such as manufacturers, suppliers and end users. The study would also help them in identifying which market segments should be targeted over the coming years in order to strategize investments and capitalize on growth of the market.
In this report, global flue gas desulfurization (FGD) market has been segmented into following categories, in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
- Brownfield & Revamp
- Dry & Semi-dry FGD System
- Wet FGD System
- Power Generation
- Iron & Steel
- Cement Manufacturing
- South Korea
- United States
- United Kingdom
Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia