This report contains a product-by-product market size and forecast for spend on hardware, including desktop PCs, portable PCs, servers, consumables, storage and network equipment within UK defense.Scope
The scope of hardware markets covered is as follows:
- All desktop computers (including Apple Macs), including dumber devices and workstations used in “thin client” implementations.
- We exclude all software licensing costs from this category and also (wherever possible) the costs of standard accessories such as monitors, keyboards and mice.
- This category includes laptop and netbook computers. Smartphone devices are covered in the wireless/mobile category. We do not believe that convergence is yet at the point where devices cannot be separated into telephones and computers. Again, software licensing costs are excluded.
- This category includes servers, mainframes, and “mini” servers. Where possible, racking costs are not included.
- Ink, toner cartridges.
- NB paper is not included here or elsewhere in the Kable taxonomy.
- Network equipment (for local connectivity)
- LAN networking equipment including wireless and wireline routers, and local physical infrastructure including cabling, docking stations, racks. Converged IP networking infrastructure used for both voice and data is included in the category; dedicated VoIP infrastructure and all handset / IP PBX equipment is excluded.
- This category is for network attached storage and external storage devices, including USB sticks.
- Peripherals and other hardware
- This category covers input and output devices including printers, network-attached photocopiers and multi-functional devices, monitors, keyboards, mice, specialized display (eg whiteboards), web cameras, speakers. The category excludes audio/video conferencing and endpoint equipment, which is covered in the communications category.Reasons To Buy
We've assessed the impact of austerity and the coalition government's diminished appetite for reform, and mapped out the implications of structural and political change. We've assessed the impact of a weak recovery and a double-dip recession to reforecast ICT spend to 2017. A team of eleven analysts have calculated the ICT spend for every organization in this report's scope and aggregated this to provide an invaluable guide to the market.Key Highlights
CAGR for hardware market in defense sector is -3.60%