According to recently released report “H1 2019 Global Capacity and Capital Expenditure Outlook for LNG Liquefaction Terminals” around 366 million tonnes per annum (mtpa) of LNG liquefaction capacity is expected to be added during the outlook period (2019-2023), from planned and announced projects globally. North America will be the major contributor to the growth of Global Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) liquefaction capacity between 2019 and 2023, accounting for around 72% of the total global capacity from planned and announced projects.
The two North American countries, the US and Canada, will drive the global liquefaction capacity additions due to booming shale gas production. The US plans to add the highest total capacity of roughly 215 mtpa by 2023 from planned and announced LNG liquefaction terminals. Canada follows with a LNG liquefaction capacity addition of around 34 mtpa. In addition, the US and Canada are also top new-build capex spenders globally on planned and announced LNG liquefaction projects; for the period 2019-2023.
The second highest in terms of LNG liquefaction capacity additions is the Middle East. The region is expected to add approximately 36 mtpa in 2023 from planned and announced projects. In the Middle East, Qatar plans to add around 32 mtpa of LNG liquefaction capacity in 2023. The Former Soviet Union (FSU) stands third globally, with liquefaction capacity of 33 mtpa in 2023. In FSU, Russia accounts for all the capacity additions from planned and announced projects.
Among terminals, Qatar LNG terminal has the highest LNG liquefaction capacity globally by 2023 with 32 mtpa, followed by Rio Grande and Cameron II with 27 mtpa and 25 mtpa, respectively.
- Historical LNG liquefaction capacity data from 2013 to 2018, outlook up to 2023
- Annual breakdown of capital expenditure on new-build LNG liquefaction projects for the period 2019 to 2023
- LNG liquefaction capacity and capital expenditure data by key countries and companies globally for planned and announced projects
- New-build capex for planned and announced projects by region, key countries and companies
- Details of the planned and announced LNG liquefaction projects globally up to 2023.
Reasons To Buy
- Obtain the most up to date information available on the LNG liquefaction projects globally
- Identify growth segments and opportunities in the global LNG industry
- Facilitate decision making on the basis of strong historical and outlook of LNG liquefaction projects data
- Develop business strategies with the help of specific insights about the planned LNG liquefaction projects globally
- Keep abreast of key new build LNG liquefaction projects globally
- Assess your competitor’s planned LNG liquefaction projects and capacities.