The global market for TETRA Terminals is projected to reach 1 million units by 2022, driven by interoperability, need for secure communications, transition from analog to digital radio, establishment of emergency response teams, and growing applications in public safety and commercial markets. Continuous technology developments will continue to shape growth in the market such as:
- integration of end-to-end encryption;
- ability to disable the radio over-the-air to safeguard against misuse if the device is lost or stolen;
- inclusion of advanced features such as WAP, Multi-Slot Packet Data support, GPS, database enquiries and field reporting;
- among others.
Company and Industry News & Stories
- Airbus Modernizes the US Army’s Secure Mobile Communication System at Fort Irwin in a Move to Provide Communication Technology of the Highest Standards
- Airbus to Upgrade TETRA Network for Stadtwerke München in a Move to Make Network More Geo-Redundant, Reliable, and Secure
- Airbus Divests Plant Holdings to Motorola Solutions in a Move to Reshape Airbus Defence and Space Division Portfolio
- Airbus Inks New Tetra Network Contract with Justtop in a Move to Provide On-Site Support, Maintenance Services and 24/7 Emergency Support with Troubleshooting Competences
- Motorola to Expand TETRA Network for Georgia’s Emergency Management Service in a Bid to Expand the Country’s TETRA Digital Radio Communications Network
Outlook in Key Market Segments
- Through 2022, Public Safety will remain the largest end-use market, followed by Transport.
- Transport sector is projected to witness the fastest growth driven by the high resilience and unique functionalities provided by TETRA in demanding environments.
Product Definition & Scope
- Terrestrial Trunked Radio (TETRA) represents the modern standard for Public Access Mobile Radio (PAMR), as well as digital Private Mobile Radio (PMR) for facilitating mission-critical or business-critical communications for users in various verticals including public safety, law enforcement, paramilitary forces, fire services, ambulance, railways, metros, public access, disaster management, mining, manufacturing, fleet management, transport services, factory site services, and closed-user groups. TETRA provides a dedicated mission-critical communications network with extensive coverage and high reliability, which is essential for public safety, homeland security, military and defense personnel during operations related to hostage situations, terrorist encounters, rescue missions and hostile-criminal apprehension.
Timeline for Analysis
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2015-2022
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- US, Canada, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America
Market Segmentation & Classification
- End-Use Industries:
- Transport, Public Safety, Utilities and Others
- Hytera Communications Corporation Ltd.
- Motorola Solutions, Inc.
- Airbus Defence and Space
- Cobham plc
- DAMM Cellular Systems A/S
- Sepura PLC
How Can You Benefit?
This research project broadly covers analysis of all market trends, drivers, challenges and other macro market scenarios you need to know to improve your strategic planning and remain informed and competitive. The study also provides reliable ready facts and exclusive statistical data insights in addition to expert and highly accurate market size forecasts and projections to help you identify new markets and opportunities for revenue growth and sustainability. The extensive reportage of industry, company and product news and stories together with coverage of all major and niche players provided in the report helps you build a 360 degree perspective on your markets and gain unsurpassed insights needed to devise plans and strategies to maximize business growth.