The global market for Bed and Bath Linen is projected to exceed US$108.6 billion by 2025, driven by a housing market well along the road to recovery; encouraging gains in consumer spending on home furnishings, technology developments and the resulting availability of products in a wide array of fibre combinations, textures, fabrics, designs and colors. A key reason responsible for increased spending on bath and bed textiles, is the growing awareness over the numerous physical and mental benefits offered by good sleeping and bathing practices. Apart from being good for hygiene, bathing also has very functional benefits such as mood enhancement; bodily comfort and warmth; relieves inflammatory skin conditions; reduced muscle pain; induces better sleep patterns; alleviates symptoms of stress; and increased dopamine flow that provides relaxation and the “feel good” sensation. Similarly, sleeping is emerging into the spotlight as the body’s most important need for holistic wellbeing. Benefits of sleep validated by research include better brain function, improved metabolism and physical health, repairing and replenishing of the skin during sleep; aids in better hormone health; reduced risk of hypertension, heart disease, diabetes, depression and obesity which are characterized as lifestyle disorders; improved cell health, reduced apoptotic cell-death and lower risk of degenerative diseases. In view of these benefits, premium and designer bed and bath linen with numerous functional benefits are gaining wider acceptance and driving value gains in the market. There is increased willingness to invest in products that offer more relaxing and rejuvenated sleep and bathing experiences and in this regard poised to gain are bed linen fabrics that are allergy-free with ability to wick moisture to keep the body cool and dry all night. Other major factors driving growth in the market include effervescent innovation in indulgent materials such as Egyptian cotton and silk which is driving popularity of these materials over standard cotton and polyester varieties; changing home décor trends and increased frequency of purchase, and shorter replacement cycles; consumer interest in oversized beds and mattresses and increased demand for specialty linen; growing environmental awareness and increased interest in eco-friendly, green mattresses made from organic cotton and wool; evergreen popularity of patterned and embroidered pillows in geometric designs and shapes; and growing sales of quicker-drying, lighter and thinner, absorptive towels. Asia-Pacific represents the largest and the fastest growing market worldwide with a CAGR of 7.5% over the analysis period. Key factors driving growth in the region include stable economic growth of developing Asian economies, rising number of nuclear households, expanding retail networks and easy access to a range of products, growing base of affluent middle class population and increased demand for designer and luxury bed and bath Linen. Lower labor costs in countries such as China and India have over the years led to the increase in global exports from Asia-Pacific. China especially leads global bed linen exports. Of late, Pakistan, Vietnam, and Bangladesh have emerged as export competitors to China and India. Other significant global manufacturers include Turkey, Brazil, Portugal, USA, Spain, Japan, New Zealand, and Australia.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
Company and Industry News & Stories
Outlook in Key Market Segments
- Corsicana Mattress Upgrades Las Vegas Market Showroom in a Move to Help Dealers Boost Sales and Improve Product Displays
- Sleep Wooven Launches Brand New Website to Promote Hotel Quality Bed Linens
- American Textile Company Opens New 400,000-Square-Foot State-of-the-Art Warehousing and Distribution Facility in Tifton, Georgia
- American Textile Company Inaugurates New Distribution Center in McKeesport in a Move to Increase its Capacity by Over 50% in the Region
- IKEA to Launch Operations in New Zealand in a Move to Explore Expansion Opportunities in the Country
Product Definition & Scope
- Through 2025, Bed Linen will remain the largest market, followed by Bath Linen.
- Bed Linen is projected to witness the fastest growth supported by innovations in textiles used for production of recyclable, fire-resistant and renewable mattresses.
Timeline for Analysis
- Bed linen category includes bedspreads, blankets, mattress, mattress cover, pillows, duvets, duvet covers, and bed covering, among others. Bed linen adds a modern look to bedding and offers more comfort and pleasure during sleeping. Bedspreads are thin coverlets used to cover the bed and are generally used in summer and warmer seasons. A bedspread has a thin batting between the top and bottom layers. Blankets are thick coverings of wool or other material, generally, used to cover beds or for covering a person. Pillowcases are removable covers, generally used to wrap pillows. Bath linen includes bath robes, bath towels, and bath mats, among others. A towel is a piece of absorbent fabric or paper used for wiping or drying. A towel draws moisture through direct contact – either by rubbing or blotting motion.
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2017-2025
- Historic Review 2012-2016
Market Segmentation & Classification
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia, and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, and Rest of Latin America), and Rest of World
- Product Segments:
- Bed Linen, and Bath Linen
How Can You Benefit?
- Tempur Sealy International, Inc.
- Serta Simmons Bedding, LLC
- American Textile Company
- Beaumont & Brown Ltd.
- Cuddledown Marketing, LLC
- Welspun India Ltd.
- The Bombay Dyeing & Mfg. Co. Ltd.
This research project broadly covers analysis of all market trends, drivers, challenges and other macro market scenarios you need to know to improve your strategic planning and remain informed and competitive. The study also provides reliable ready facts and exclusive statistical data insights in addition to expert and highly accurate market size forecasts and projections to help you identify new markets and opportunities for revenue growth and sustainability. The extensive reportage of industry, company and product news and stories together with coverage of all major and niche players provided in the report helps you build a 360 degree perspective on your markets and gain unsurpassed insights needed to devise plans and strategies to maximize business growth.