The global market for Hand Sanitizers is projected to reach US$2.3 billion by 2025, driven by the growing importance placed on hand hygiene practices in light of disease outbreaks such as Ebola and HINI. As the very basic of infection control, endorsement of hand hygiene by global health authorities such as the WHO is playing a pivotal role in popularizing hand sanitizer products across the consumer and healthcare markets. The importance of hand hygiene can be put into perspective by the fact that it is singled out as the most basic of best practices to reduce infections in healthcare settings; is the most effective and low cost intervention measure for pandemic public health threats; plays a decisive role in reducing rates of infectious illnesses in the community; and helps reduce gastrointestinal and respiratory illnesses by 40% & 30% respectively. A key trend in the market is the growing consumer interest in eco-friendly green sanitizers featuring renewable plant based ingredients. The market also stands to benefit from the continuous R&D focus shed on developing innovative compounds and formulations with high germicidal efficacy. Concern over the ill effects of alcohol based products on skin is fueling interest in hand sanitizers with ingredients such as benzalkonium chloride, triclosan and alcohol free quaternary ammonium compounds. Other major trends in the market include growing awareness over the merit and utility of hand-hygiene regimens and the resulting explosion of hand hygiene product options in the market; development and launch of skin-safe and sustainable products with renewable ingredients; strengthening foothold of alcohol-based hand sanitizers in the healthcare sector supported by high reliability and 99.9 percent effectiveness against infectious bacteria, germs and pathogens; innovation in formulations and dispenser designs highlighting convenience; and dedicated marketing and promotional campaigns for the use of hand sanitizers for infectious disease prevention. The United States represents the largest market worldwide. Aging and increased disease vulnerability, higher standards of personal hygiene and steady launch of high performance and innovative solutions are major factors influencing growth in the country. Rest of World comprising the Middle East and Africa represents the fastest growing market with a value CAGR of 12.8% over the analysis period. Major factors driving growth the region include economic prosperity, improving living standards, higher disposable incomes, and growing awareness about health and wellbeing. In low income countries where lack of clean water is a major challenge, manufacturers are focusing on developing affordable hand sanitizers targeted at the urban poor.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
Company and Industry News & Stories
- Deb USA Bags Green Seal Certification for Solopol® GFX™ Heavy-Duty Foam Hand Cleaner in a Move to Provide Customers Environmentally Responsible Products
- Byotrol Acquires Medimark Scientific, a Leading Provider of Biocide-based Infection Control Products
- Bath & Body Works Opens Multi-Brand Store in Mumbai Showcasing Range of Fragrances, Body Lotions, Bath Products, Scented Candles and Other Products
- GOJO and Kimberly-Clark Collaborate to Roll Out Premium Smart Restroom Management System for Office Buildings, Airports, and Universities
- Amazon Introduces Solimo Hand Sanitizer with Vitamin E in a Bid to Expand into the Private Label Health Care Products Market
Product Definition & Scope
- Hand Sanitizers are hand-cleansing agents that efficiently remove germs from the skin, without the use of water and soap. Over the years, the product gained popularity as a complement to hand washing with soap and water. Hand sanitizers are of two varieties - alcohol free and alcohol-based products. Sanitizers remove the outer layer of oil, thereby wiping out any short-lived pathogens present on hands. These gels slowdown bacterial progress and prevent the remaining micro-flora from surfacing. Alcohol gel is an ideal option when hand washing with soap and water is not possible.
Timeline for Analysis
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2017-2025
- Historic Review 2012-2016
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India, South Korea, Taiwan and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and Rest of Latin America), and Rest of World
- GOJO Industries Inc.
- Vi-Jon Laboratories
- SC Johnson & Son
- Deb Group
- The Clorox Company
- 3M Company
- Best Sanitizers Inc.
- Medline Industries Inc.
How Can You Benefit?
This research project broadly covers analysis of all market trends, drivers, challenges and other macro market scenarios you need to know to improve your strategic planning and remain informed and competitive. The study also provides reliable ready facts and exclusive statistical data insights in addition to expert and highly accurate market size forecasts and projections to help you identify new markets and opportunities for revenue growth and sustainability. The extensive reportage of industry, company and product news and stories together with coverage of all major and niche players provided in the report helps you build a 360 degree perspective on your markets and gain unsurpassed insights needed to devise plans and strategies to maximize business growth.