The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The US had the highest number of seats sold in 2017, followed by China and Germany. The increase in the number of seats sold is primarily attributed to the country’s low airfares. United Airlines, Delta Airlines, and American Airlines continue to dominate the FSCs market in the US. In 2017, Germany had the highest number of seats sold in the European region, followed by the UK, France and Spain, mainly driven by the demand for first class services from passengers.
Premium economy bookings are a growing trend for full-service airlines. Airlines such as Emirates and Austrian Airlines have introduced a premium economy cabin for business-class passengers, without compromising on premium features such as support for laptops and connectivity, to enable the passengers work during the flight. To capitalize on this trend, FSCs are providing additional features such as wider and comfy seats, and finer dining. However, the premium economy fare is more expensive than an economy fare, at least 10% more expensive depending on booking time and destination.
FSCs accounted for 69.0% of the total seats sold in Germany in 2017 and is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 4.0% over 2017-2022. With the Chinese government confining low-cost carriers to secondary routes, Chinese full-service carriers witnessed the highest number of seats sold on the country’s main routes. Moreover, cost competitiveness plays a significant role in boosting full-service carriers in China, with a 25-30% lower unit cost than its rivals in the US and Europe. Full-service airlines are undertaking strategic measures to attract budget-conscious travelers by redesigning their cabins and introducing new fares.
The report "Global Full Service Airlines Market to 2022", provides in-depth analysis of the key market trends that are shaping the future of this segment and analysis of the full service airline market globally.
Detailed market insight is provided on regions like The Americas, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Europe. Also, company profiles for full service airlines are provided and how companies can tap into this to better meet their customers’ needs.
- The US FSC market holds the highest market share in terms of the number of seats sold
- China continues to dominate as the country with the highest number of seats sold in the Asia-Pacific region
- Indonesian airlines is benefiting from Indonesia growing as a popular tourist destination
- Demand from tier-1 and 2 cities is increasing in China
- The UAE continues to be the largest market in terms of the number of seats sold and load factor in the Middle East & Africa region
- Germany is the leader in terms of the number of seats sold in the European region
- The outlook of the French market is positive in terms of load factor in the European region.
Reasons To Buy
- Gauge which are the biggest and most promising regional markets for FSC market
- Understand the demand-side dynamics within the industry to identify key trends and growth opportunities
- Outlook on the most promising regional markets by learning from existing successes and our recommendations.