The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Around 5,126 thousand barrels of oil per day (mbd) of refinery FCCU capacity will be added globally by 2023, coming from new-build and expansion projects, taking the total global refinery FCCU capacity to 25,762 mbd in 2023. Asia is expected to be the major contributor to the growth of the Global Refinery Fluid Catalytic Cracking Units (FCCU) industry between 2019 and 2023 with 2,296 mbd refinery FCCU capacity addition. The region also has the highest capital expenditure (capex) of US$38.5bn for new-build and capacity expansion projects.
Among the countries in the region, China will have the highest refinery FCCU additions of 911 mbd by 2023. High demand for gasoline by the domestic transportation sector has been fuelling China’s refinery FCCU capacity expansion. The country is planning to add seven refinery fluid catalytic cracking units by 2023, accounting for more than one-third of Asia’s total FCCU additions.
Africa as the second largest region in terms of refinery FCCU capacity additions as well as capex spending. The region will add around 1,326 mbd of FCCU capacity and has capex of around US$20.6bn to be spent on upcoming refinery FCCU capacity units during the outlook period. In Africa, Nigeria leads with capacity additions of 617 mbd by 2023.
In terms of capacity, among the upcoming refinery FCCUs, Dayushan Island refinery in China, Lagos I refinery in Nigeria and Pulau Muara Besar refinery in Brunei will lead with 304 mbd, 247 mbd and 172 mbd, respectively, by 2023. In terms of new build capex spending, Tabi refinery in Angola, Ratnagiri refinery in India and Maranhao II refinery in Brazil are the top three planned and announced refinery FCCUs globally for the outlook period with capex of US$2.9bn, US$2.6bn and US$2.1bn respectively.
"Global Refinery Fluid Catalytic Cracking Units (FCCU) Outlook to 2023 - Capacity and Capital Expenditure Outlook with Details of All Operating and Planned Fluid Catalytic Cracking Units", is a comprehensive report on the global refinery fluid catalytic cracking units industry.
The report provides details such as the refinery name, country, and refinery operator name, with in-depth coverage on fluid catalytic cracking unit capacity for all active and new-build (planned and announced) refineries. The report also provides global and regional refinery capital expenditure outlook by key countries, year on year, till 2023. The report also provides comparison of key countries based on contribution to global as well as regional fluid catalytic cracking units capacities.
- Updated information relating to all active and planned fluid catalytic cracking units
- Provides key details such as refinery name, operator name, refinery type, fluid catalytic cracking units status for all active planned fluid catalytic cracking unit refineries
- Provides historical data from 2013 to 2018, outlook to 2023
- Provides capital expenditure outlook at global as well as regional level by year and by key countries for planned fluid catalytic cracking units till 2023
- Information on fluid catalytic cracking units capacities by refinery and country.
Reasons To Buy
- Obtain the most up to date information available on all active and planned fluid catalytic cracking units across the world
- Identify growth segments and opportunities in the fluid catalytic cracking units industry
- Facilitate decision making on the basis of strong historical and forecast of fluid catalytic cracking units capacity data
- Assess your competitor’s fluid catalytic cracking units refinery portfolio.