The Global Road Construction projects pipeline stands at US$2.26 trillion. Asia-Pacific accounts for the major share of projects value, with US$1.30 trillion of road-related projects, equivalent to 58% of the total global total and reflecting its position as the leader in economic development. Europe, being a mature economic region, lags behind Asia-Pacific for road investment whilst China and India lead globally for investment in road construction.
The highest value of projects are at the execution stage, with US$1.22 trillion, followed by projects at the planning stage with US$528.9 billion. China leads the global project pipeline, with projects valued at US$632.2 billion, followed by India with US$218.1 billion. The total length of roads projects tracked is 289,730km with Asia-Pacific accounting for the greatest length of road projects with 140,569km.
Public investment is responsible for the funding of the highest proportion of projects, with 69%, with public/private funding at 29% and the remaining 2% of projects financed by private funding. Assuming all projects tracked go ahead as planned, annual spending would reach US$361.6 billion in 2019.
The report "Project Insight: Global Road Construction Projects", provides detailed metrics on global and the regions’ road construction projects split by country, stage and value. Detailed metrics are also provided for the top 10 countries by value, stage and length of road construction.
The top 50 global projects are listed giving country, stage, value of road related construction projects. Analysis is also provided by length of road projects and by stage. Ranked listings of the key operators for the sector are also provided showing the leading contractors, consulting engineers and project owners. Country profiles are provided for the top 10 countries including China, India and the US.
- The report provides analysis based on CIC projects showing total project values and analysis by stage and funding for the top ten countries.
- The top 50 global projects are listed giving country, stage, value of road related construction projects.
- Analysis is also provided by length of road projects and by stage.
- Ranked listings of the key operators for the sector are also provided showing the leading contractors, consulting engineers and project owners.
- Country profiles are provided for the top 10 countries including China, India and the US.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain insight into the development of the road construction sector.
- Assess all major projects by value, start date, scope and stage of development globally, for the regions and top 10 countries to support business development activities.
- Plan campaigns by country based on specific project opportunities and align resources to the most attractive markets.